• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Food for thought about a new prospects table

Here's a rough draft, as food for thought for prospects who have been mentioned as being on the Zags' staff's radar.

the School lists, offers, etc., haven't been updated yet.

Kids are shown in strikeout who definitely should be removed (commits to other programs) and kids who most likely aren't really on the radar (i.e., LeBryan Nash - who appears to have been linked to the Zags erroneously by Scout)

Kyle Dranginis is highlighted in green as a 2011 commit to the Zags, and the lone new addition to the table, Austin Kuemper, highlghted in pink as the only prospect not previously included on the table, as he was sort of a hush-housh player of interest going back to July, and three players listed in previous versions of the prospects table who were believed to be off the staff's radar but who have recently reemerged as players of interest to the staff.

I'll try to update what current reports about the kids, but in the meantime, what are your thoughts?

Edited to add: Heck with it! May be premature, but we're all thinking it anyway.

Also: NovaZag feels slightly queasy about ZN's formatting overload. Sorry for the nausea-inducing image, NZ.
    • Nov 2009

Good chart. The highlighting seems a bit much, but if others find it useful, then so be it.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Comments: LaBradford Franklin and Jordin Mayes have been mentioned here recently as drawing renewed Zag interest as spring signees for 2010, being shooters.

Joe Hanstad appears to be having a great early season with Dickinson HS in ND, but I haven't seen any buzz recently about interest from the Zags, so I think we should reluctantly bid him adieu as a probable prospect at this time.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2008

For those interested, ESPN gave Kori Babineaux a 90 on its most recent evaluation. I heard from a friend of mine who coaches in the Sacramento area that Kori was lights out at in the recent MaxPreps Holiday Classic in San Diego.
        What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I love Kori Babineaux! Nobody was much taken with him when I first posted here about him, but I hope he's still on the radar. Haven't checked lately, but when I first checked him out, he was playing on the Oakland Soldiers with kids like Nick Johnson and Kyle Wiltjer.

He is, however a pretty talented football player, so there is that to worry about....

Comment

• Radbooks
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2007

Interesting stuff, ZagNative. I hope we can nab a couple of the big guys on there.

I like the highlighting...
            “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2008

I actually live just a few miles from Folsom High School, and, as you alluded to, most of the recent local buzz regarding Kori has been regarding his outstanding football talents. But as league play starts up for high school hoops, he should be getting plenty of attention for basketball prowess as well. I plan on attending his game on Friday against Davis, so I'll be sure to report back.
              What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Nick Johnson's still on the chart, though I think that's a snowball in hell sort of probability pick, though he's mentioned the Zags quite recently. My understanding is the staff views his recruitment as being a zoo. He's doing absolutely great at Findlay. In this November 30 audio interview he mentions the Zags third in his list. Warning, though, be prepared to hear a lot of "I mean, uh's." Great looking player.

He'd sure look good as a Zag!

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I like Christian Behrens a lot too. He's averaging 22 ppg, per the Seattle-Times, and I haven't been able to find rebound or block stats for him yet, but I've got to think they'd be impressive, with him at 6'8".

Recent pic of him scoring 25 in a 50-61 loss to Mark Morris in tournament play December 29, 2009

Story

Comment

• J-Mac Zag Forever
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Apr 2007

Question

why is Pollings scholership showing open! I must have missed something.

Comment

• BroncoZAG615
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

LaBradford is an extremely realistic option right now to be the lone member of the 2010 class. In all honesty, at this point I'd be more surprised if he wasn't a Zag.

I don't know much about Jordin Mayes but as of December 28th via Scout.com the only offers he had were from Arizona, BC, and SDSU with interest from Oregon and Nevada.

Very excited for the recruiting flexibility we now have and how it could even open up more in the future.

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by J-Mac Zag Forever View Post
                        ZN a little premature and insensitive, in the absense of a formal announcement but with the fact pretty much conceded on guboards, you think? I did hesitate and will be embarrassed and surprised if the rumors turn out to be untrue.

Comment

Check out this thread!

Originally posted by J-Mac Zag Forever View Post

ID ZAGFAN

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

All of a sudden I am SO SO glad about Sam.

Comment

• ZagNative
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Austin Kuemper, who was talked about off guboards in early July, makes his debut in this table, after a very nice performance in the Les Schwab Invitational. This story appeared in The Beaverton Valley Times yesterday:
                              Flying high at the LSI
                              The Wildcats push Oak Hill into the fourth quarter before losing 72-58

HILLSBORO – Oak Hill has never lost at the Les Schwab Invitational and that didn’t change in Tuesday’s semifinal against Westview.

But if nothing else, the Wildcats showed clearly and dramatically that they can play with the best teams in the nation.
                              Despite the loss, highlights were in no short supply for the Wildcats. The USC-bound Jackson showed his ability to play and play well against the taller Warriors. Garrity attacked the basket fearlessly. Junior post Austin Kuemper was aggressive and effective inside, and senior guard Devon Wallace used his athleticism to get to the rim repeatedly and to defend Oak Hill’s talented backcourt.

“At the beginning of the game we talked about (attacking),” said Kuemper, who led his team with 19 points and 12 rebounds, “and every time out, every play would echo that.”
                              Last edited by ZagNative; 01-04-2010, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X