Two very sick clips about some German hoopsters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AzZag
    Kennel Club
    • Jun 2008

Two very sick clips about some German hoopsters...

somehow, I stumbled on these.

1. This one about made me hurl...I can't believe this guy is still walking, let alone playing...has anyone see this before? He played with Elias on the German National team

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2. Killer soundtrack for the German Tank known and Elias
    Talented German Forward signed with Gonzaga University.
  • HOOTER
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Cool Elias video. Lots of the same stuff over and over but cool nevertheless. Didn't bother watching the first one. I've no desire to watch someone break their leg.

Comment

• LMUZAG
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

Elias is flat out impressive.

I remember watching the second clip when we signed Elias and thinking he looked solid. I thought they had put together a highlight for lots of games at the beginning of the video, until I realized they were against the same team.

They are just solid plays, again and again and again. I never anticipated that I what he would bring to Spokane as a freshman day in and day out.

Great find Tommy!
      Don't call it a comeback....

Comment

Yo tampoco!

Originally posted by HOOTER View Post
        Didn't bother watching the first one. I've no desire to watch someone break their leg.
        Me neither!
        I had already seen the Elias video.
        ID ZAGFAN

Comment

• uhg80
          Bulldog Fan
          • Aug 2009

The guy with the broken leg is SG Demond Greene, a cornerstone of the German NT for years. He played for German powerhouses ALBA Berlin and Bamberg before. Currently he's with a first division team in Greece, averaging around 12 ppg in way over 30 mpg. He significantly lost some explosiveness after that accident, but he's still a good perimeter defender and dangerous shooter from the corners. He's most famous for his sick block on D-Wade's dunk attempt:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

He's also said to have taken a picture of his twisted leg with his cell phone right in the ambulance. Apparently very high on pain killers.

Another tribute by Euroleague TV to "Demon Demond":

Demond Greene of Brose Baskets is back at the top level after a big injury
          Last edited by uhg80; 01-05-2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• alaskazagnut

Ouch

I can't believe the guy wasn't screaming in agony. He just looked at his 360 degree ankle and covered his eyes. Theisman-like and JR Seau-like injury.

Tough-as-nails dude thats for sure.

Comment

• Gonezagaga
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by alaskazagnut View Post
              I can't believe the guy wasn't screaming in agony. He just looked at his 360 degree ankle and covered his eyes. Theisman-like and JR Seau-like injury.

Tough-as-nails dude thats for sure.
              My 10 year old son broke his tibia and fibula this summer playing football. His toes were pointing in the wrong direction when he picked up his leg. NO TEARS. There must be an amazing amount of adrenaline produced by the body in situations like that.

Happy to say that he may be able to join his basketball team for a game this weekend.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                Banned
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by uhg80 View Post
                The guy with the broken leg is SG Demond Green, a cornerstone of the German NT for years. He played for German powerhouses ALBA Berlin and Bamberg before. Currently he's with a first division team in Greece, averaging around 12 ppg in way over 30 mpg. He significantly lost some explosiveness after that accident, but he's still a good perimeter defender and dangerous shooter from the corners. He's most famous for his sick block on D-Wade's dunk attempt:

He's also said to have taken a picture of his twisted leg with his cell phone right in the ambulance. Apparently very high on pain killers.

Another tribute by Euroleague TV to "Demon Demond":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbUEz...1&feature=fvwp
                That block on D-Wade was awesome. It was even awesomer in German.

Comment

• Crazy
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Nov 2009

i didn't remember that the television holds so long on Green in that incident, but he is a pretty taff guy and it is nice to know that he make it back to the court

In the Elias Harris video about the "youth team" ASD, the group who make the the fast break dunk could be also intresting for "americans". Standhardinger(number 9) is now ellegible for Nebraska, and is to expected to make an major impact on their game. The number 8 Robin Benzing, is also a very talented Forward(stronger then elias) and could make it to the NBA.

Comment

• Knotsolucky
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Nov 2008

Amazing videos.... Thanks....

Comment

• ZagNative
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Watching that German National Team (and the U20 team before that) was so much fun. My favorite video was the highlight vidoe of the Germany-Latvia game, which shows both Elias and Greene. It's a bit long, but the quality is so good, and that German announcer just mesmerizes me! I watch the video frequently, and it's good for about 10 big grins!

Comment

Working...
                      X