PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo Chronicles, Indecent in Illinois (With pics)

gozagswoohoo
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Greetings and salutations my friends. What an AWESOME weekend. I have now seen 8 zags games in person, and after Illinois, the zags w/l record is 3-5, needless to say, I was VERY ready for a win. Not only that, but the wins I have seen have been a little bland to be 100% honest (Indiana Hoosiers last year was one of em...). So I was VERY excited to not only see a win, but an INTENSE game. As a couple of the other zags in attendance have mentioned, the place was PACKED. The crowd was very loud at times, mostly just parts of the 2nd half, but for the most part they seemed a bit shell shocked after the opening of the game. Either way, what an incredible venue to watch a game in, loved it.

So I usually go to my annual zags game(s) with a group of 4-5 friends, but this time I asked my dad if he would tag along with me and my older bro, and was very excited when he decided to make the trek with us. He isn't much of a sports guy, but is slowly becoming a zag follower. It was really just a fun weekend to be able to share with my dad and brother, and was a nice break from the normal rowdy drunk friends that have come in the past. We arrived mid-day Friday, and got our downtown hotel. From there, we swam for 5 minutes (literally...because the water of the indoor pool was friggin ice cold, and NO HOT TUB!!! Who has a pool and no hot tub??), and then headed to ESPN zone, where I destroyed my father and GUinStL at the basketball shooting game.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010021.jpg

The pic above is GUinStL playing his dad. Not bad form GUinStL, but you should really try to have a little more bend at the knee's if you want to compete with me. :-)

So after a little hoops action, the 5 of us (GUinStL, his dad, Woohoo, Woohoo's bro and dad) ate some amazing food at ESPN zone. All in all, fantastic night with some fellow zags fans.

(Pic below is from left to right, Woohoo, my bro, and my dad).
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010024.jpg

The next morning, we headed to the GU alum social. (please note, I acted as if I were alum, even though I am not. It was pretty much the 4th best day of my entire life. The first best day was when my son was born, second best was when I married my wife. The third best day took place in high school, and I am not at liberty to divulge any further details on the event). Anyways, got some sweet free GU stickers and tattoo's, most of which I am hanging onto until I have some time alone with my son and mommy is at work, at which time I will plaster all 10 tattoo's to my son at once, just because I can. (He is my human, I can do whatever I want).

Here is a pic from the event.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010028.jpg

Then we headed into the arena. Awesome, awesome venue. Had so much fun in there. And it was amazing to actually have a few zags fans nearby, I've never been that lucky. There were probably 10-15 within our section. It really made the entire game twice as fun. Here is a pic right before the game.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010036.jpg

After this, I experienced a ROLLER COASTER of emotions. Excitement, CHILLS down my spine, relief, and sadness. Then I left the bathroom and headed to my seat for the start of the game. (they had nice bathrooms)

----story continues in next post-----

gozagswoohoo
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Pre-game pic with dad and father of GUinStL
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010035.jpg

The game starts and wow...that arena got QUIET quick! Everyone saw the game so I won't go into details of it all, but all in all, Illinois fans were really cool. Matter of fact, at halftime, I was hanging out at one of the stands getting a beer, and a few Illinois fans asked me where "Gon-zah-guh" was located. I wanted to say St. Clair, MO, just to eff with them, but I went the boring route and told them all about the school. After a few minutes, it was me in the middle of like 8 Illinois fans, having a nice chat, when some D-bag about 20 feet away screams "Gonzaga sucks!", which made the whole group around me and the surrounding 100 Illinois fans to erupt in cheers and laughter. I look back at the screamer that yelled it...it was my bro, hahaha. I thought that was pretty funny. He was just tryin to mess with me. The Illinois fans sure got a kick out of it.

When the zags finally pulled out the victory (which...TWICE during the game, I thought we were dundy, so...freaking amazing that we won), I screamed and clapped like a teenage girl waiting in line for the Twilight premiere. It was so cool to have the entire arena dead silent for it too. There was an eruption of hugging and high fiving from the surrounding 15 zags fans. Amazing, amazing feeling. My favorite part was that there was an Illinois fan nearby who, with about 10 minutes left in the game, zags down 8, started yelling at us "Start the bus, clap clap clap clap clap". So, when we finally won, I looked back in his direction, oddly enough, he would never look back, and I yelled "Start your Corolla", haha.

Post game jubilation pic
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010051.jpg

After the game, I do as I always do, and scramble frantically to try and meet some players and grab autographs. In my compusive inhability to determine pre-existing thoughts...I had NOTHING to get signed. All the sudden, I see Sacre walking by...for a split second, I thought maybe I would just have him sign my face, but then I realized this was not a good idea...because I get rash's easily. So I am looking on the floor for a napkin or something, when my older bro see's the despair in my face and quickly tosses me his favorite zags hat. Pretty cool of him...I felt bad...for a split second...but then I remembered I gave him a LIDS gift card for Christmas, so it's all good. From there, the only players I saw were Poling, Gibbs, and Sacre. I got all 3 to sign my hat, and chatted with Gibbs for a second. Very, very cool, all 3 of them.

Pic with Gibbs (Seeing him on tv, I always had this perception that he is shorter than me! WRONG)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010053.jpg

Then, and I love this pic, I asked Sacre for a sig and pic. Right before the pic, I stepped up on a step above where he was standing and commented that he wasn't really all that tall...got a pretty good laugh out of him for the pic.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010054.jpg

Afterwards, I left the arena (which by this time was completely empty), and walked outside. A homeless guy asked me for some change, which I obliged, then he said, "Man, where's your coat?!" to which I replied...umm...I don't have one. "Well you're a crazy sonuvab1tch!". I almost asked for my $0.57 back, but decided not to, because I thought I saw a knife in his pocket. Plus, I am not a good street fighter....and I left my numchucks at home.

gozagswoohoo
01-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Here is the hat, which is now a center piece in my zags room.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010057.jpg

And...for no reason whatsoever, a pic of my bro and eye (eye...haha...you see what I did there?) on the drive back to St. Clair, MO.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010059.jpg

So...wonderful trip. No drunk guys crashing into my vehicle like Memphis, thank God.

FuManShoes
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
After this, I experienced a ROLLER COASTER of emotions. Excitement, CHILLS down my spine, relief, and sadness. Then I left the bathroom and headed to my seat for the start of the game. (they had nice bathrooms)

Ha! This made my day, I mean, it amused me. The images it conjures haunt me.

And I really gotta get to one of these road games on the big stage. Portland is one thing, but I gotta make MSG happen next year. This sounds like a blast (especially when we win). Thanks for the pics and game retort!

former1dog
01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Enjoyable report, Woo Hoo. I'm glad you and your clan had a great time.

Section 116
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Great pictures and narrative woohoo, you are in the wrong profession. Glad you got to see the Zags win an intense game. You represent well when the Zags are in the midwest, east or south.

GUinSTL
01-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Outstanding recap. Though I dispute that Woohoo ever demolished me. I mean c'mon. Look at that feathery touch on the release. :)
*For the record, Woohoo can SHOOT IT. but his brother takes the cake. The big fella was silky smooth and racked up lots of Ws.
~B

ZagNative
01-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Genius Woohoo reporting, as usual! That was really fun to read!

Angelo Roncalli
01-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I think there may be roles for 'Hoo and kin in "Hangover, Part II."

UberZagFan
01-04-2010, 12:13 PM
That was great woohoo!!! Thanks for the recap and the pics.

El Voce
01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
WooHoo - Thanks for the great report! Glad yans got to see a great Zag win!

LynetteG
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the report Woohoo, way to represent!

gamagin
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
WooHoo - Thanks for the great report! Glad yans got to see a great Zag win!

thanks for the fine report !

the only missing part was the fourth (or was it third) thrill of a lifetime in hi school.

It begs for elaboration. C'mon. we won't tell anyone.

Go TEAM Zags !

kitzbuel
01-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Very cool! Glad to see you were all pitted out in the post-game jubilation pic. You were obviously working hard.

:p

Psychozag
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Woohoo has definitely put the fanatical back in fan. I can't wait to hear his report from the first time he comes to town to see a game at the MAC. He will be treated like the return of the prodigal son. He should come for SMC this year because it will be his last chance to make comments about Samhan's man-boobs (and I am sure he could come up with some good ones).

The trip looks like a great success, and I am glad you got to see a great game.

As always....Go Zags!

HRZag
01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Great report and pictures. Glad you had a happy outcome.

I, unfortunately, made the trip to NYC and saw the slaughter at MSG. Two hours of misery. But, the rest of the weekend was fun.

Thanks again for the report and pictures.

CaZagAlum
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Great read. That made my day. The bathroom part was classic. :D You better post a picture of your tiny human in tattoos before momma comes home some day. I'm looking forward to it.

mendiant
01-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Five stars!!! thanks woohoo :D

RenoZag
01-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I will never be able to look at a picture of Rob with that fine smile of his without thinking:

"Stay thirsty my friends"

Great report WooHoo. Thanks for the morale booster

GU69
01-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks Woohoo, this is great.

Glad you were able to catch a couple of the guys and get pictures with them.

sonuvazag
01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I wonder if Grant and Rob are telling their friends: "Yo I just met Woohoo."

Rangerzag
01-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Fine report, WH, and really glad you had a great time.

When reading about the autograph from Bobby, I was wondering if you were going to have a Mee moment ;)

ZagNative
01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I wonder if Grant and Rob are telling their friends: "Yo I just met Woohoo.":D

When reading about the autograph from Bobby, I was wondering if you were going to have a Mee moment ;)
I've got to think that when Mee sees that pic ...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/P1010054.jpg

She's going to say, "Woohoo is H.O.T.!"

ZagDaddy
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
That really made me smile. Loved it. Glad the good guys won for you!

ZagSlug
01-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Sweet woohooness through and through. PM me, I have one of these for your shrine

http://www.thepelhams.org/zagpics/gumosaic.jpg

It is about 24x36

ZagMan in Philly
01-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Great report and pictures. Glad everything went well on your trip.
Maybe your next game to see the Zags this year, will be in Indy for the Final 4.

Zag 77
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Looks like a resemblance. Somebody ought to post side-by side pics.

ID ZAGFAN
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Loved the pic of you and Sacre! :)

Wonderful post!

ID ZAGFAN

gozagswoohoo
01-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Thanks all.

And kinda funny story about Sacre. He was pretty sweaty, and the white t-shirt he was wearing was inside out. I walked up while he was laughing and telling a story to a friend standing close-by, and he said he needed a shirt, and he literally pulled it off of "Aaron"? Then he started laughing because the shirt said "Lorenzo Romar" real big in purple, which I could see through his shirt. So he got a kick out of wearing it. I did too, funny stuff. Wonder who Aaron is?

cjm720
01-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Funny post!

So, back to days of high school...what's the story!!??

gozagswoohoo
01-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Funny post!

So, back to days of high school...what's the story!!??

We would have to cross over to the GU-xxx-SpokesmanReview board, which I believe is currently still under construction.

zzzjag
01-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Love it! Thanks for the report.
You need to go to more games and post a report for each one!

gozagswoohoo
01-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Love it! Thanks for the report.
You need to go to more games and post a report for each one!

Well you can expect another report from the Memphis game later in February!

sittingon50
01-05-2010, 09:32 AM
WooHoo, you're like BZ; you throw out these clues & leave us all up in the air.

Tell me this; does this high school incident of which you will not elaborate have anything to do with your involvement in FFA?

misszigzag
01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Great and entertaining report! You have a writers touch.

gozagswoohoo
01-05-2010, 10:32 AM
WooHoo, you're like BZ; you throw out these clues & leave us all up in the air.

Tell me this; does this high school incident of which you will not elaborate have anything to do with your involvement in FFA?

Nope, that's not until #7 on my list

gozagswoohoo
01-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Ok....is it just me, or do I look photoshopped into the picture where I am standing in the United Center with the court right behind me?? Interesting...

bballbeachbum
01-05-2010, 11:24 AM
made my morning! that was great, thank you.

LynetteG
01-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Ok....is it just me, or do I look photoshopped into the picture where I am standing in the United Center with the court right behind me?? Interesting...

HAHA! I just looked at it again after reading this post and it looks like you are standing in front of a big poster!

Zag79
01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I wonder if Grant and Rob are telling their friends: "Yo I just met Woohoo."

:lmao:

but great pics and thanks for the updates, looks like a blast woohoo!