PDA

View Full Version : Think Few had a talk with Steven?

FuManShoes
01-02-2010, 12:04 PM
The last couple games Steven has come out firing. It may even be verging on over-eagerness, but the results speak for themselves -- he's gotten into a rhythm and gotten the Zags out to big leads. I'm not sure why he disappears for stretches and remains so streaky, but his aggressiveness today was a big reason for the lead and the comeback. Keep it up Steven!

BobZag
01-02-2010, 12:20 PM
There was an excellent piece on Steven in today's S-R. After reading it, I had a good vibe about how Gray was going to do today. Hopefully somebody posts it.

Bogozags
01-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Don't know what actually happens behind "closed doors" in the locker room BUT if you noticed, the entire team has come out with a "swagger" ever since the Duke game.

Rob has rebounded much better and in fact, he has I believe four assists this week. His court awareness is better in the double team.

Gray has not had to defend the "star opposing player," which has allowed him to concentrate more on the offensive end. Think he might have led the team in assists today.

Harris has been unstoppable on both ends of the court. So much more focused IMHO.

Matt is also playing better, I believe in part because more of the offense is going through him...defensively he is much more in-tune.

Meech has played better, even though he has not scored well but his assist totals are up this week as well.

BK is now feeling so much more comfortable and his defense is improving each game.

KO is more assertive these two past games. He is scoring, rebounding and defending...sure wish he felt more comfortable from the FT line.

Manny didn't get a lot of playing time today but it is evident Coach Few is becoming more comfortable with him on the floor in tight situations.

Foster has gotten some quality minutes and has been productive too!

Gibbs and GJ have not been involved in the last two games and maybe it is that they need to work harder to get into the rotation.

Overall, this is a different team than the one that played against Duke.

Coach Few might well have had a talk with Steven BUT more importantly I believe "he" spoke to the entire team as the "evidence is in the pudding!"

Right now we are playing so well and if we continue to play at this level, then we will be the dominant team each night we take the court.

I really like our attitude and look forward to the up-coming road trip against "THE" WCC competition.

JokerZag
01-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Don't think think there was any talk.....did was he's being doing all year, takes what the defense gives him, rarely forces it, shut down defense, and jumps 42 inches. Sometimes shots fall, sometimes they don't....

Ezag
01-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Not sure if Few had impact or not. Steven does have aggressive games like this now and then, it is just that he doesn't keep it up. I love his game, his hustle, his defense on a regular basis and would like to love his offense too!

I think I like the 'fro better though! :)

Zag79
01-02-2010, 11:38 PM
thought he played like he does every game, shots were just falling. its a long season, and every player will have great games, average games, and bad games. no need to over analyze every shot, game, etc. glad to see him see him stroking it no doubt, never really worried. sacres ft, matts injury, anything else will work itself out. great win by a hungry zag team with huge cajones.

FuManShoes
01-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Not trying to solve a great mystery here, but I thought Steven was being more aggressive and the numbers bear it out: At the start of the season, he was averaging 11 shots a game. Between the Cincy and EWU game, he was averaging 8 shots a game. In the last two games he's averaged 15 shots.

BlueVoodoo07
01-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Gray is not stupid and knows that he has to instead of hiding from the demands put on him, embrace and accept them...I think he is getting better at it and by the time March is here he will be the man, and ready to put the team on his back next year..... well only part of the team..Harris will help him out

CaliforniaZaggin'
01-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Don't think think there was any talk.....did was he's being doing all year, takes what the defense gives him, rarely forces it, shut down defense, and jumps 42 inches. Sometimes shots fall, sometimes they don't....

My thoughts exactly. Good post.