PDA

View Full Version : Like fine wine, improving with age.

HillBillyZag
12-29-2009, 11:01 AM
With the speed merchants and high flyers getting the raves, G.G. keeps doing what is expected of him and improving bit by bit. Last nite in 13 minutes he hit 2-3 three pointers, had a half dozen boards, got credit for only 1 assist, but made at least a half dozen superior passes and played solid defense. With his limited minutes due to Matts expertise and the gym full of other guard talent, he has slowly made steady improvement. With his injuries and the Red Shirt , it seems he has been around forever and perhaps in some eyes has not lived up to his recruiting hype?, but in HBZ's opinion, he is a diamond in the rough and by the time the Coaching Staff cuts & polishes him, he will shine. I think Few knows exactly what he has in mind for Grant and will continue to bring him along at his own pace.

Once and Future Zag
12-29-2009, 11:11 AM
I'll agree that Gibbs seems to be improving every game... and I suspect of the incoming guards from last year and this year, he'll in the end have the most impressive career - with all due consideration of how good those guards will be - and even though he's the least flashy of the bunch.

Ezag
12-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Grant shows some great signs, I am looking forward to seeing his development.

dim4sum
12-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Hill Billy your stats are all out of whack---you confused Grant Gibbs' stats with with Vilarino's.
I have yet to appreciate Vilarino's game yet because I feel he is a complete gunner and indifferent to the players around him. Everyone was a Vilarino against Duke and it cost the team dearly.
Vilarino's real stats last night were 2 boards, zero assists, 2 for 5 from the stripe, three turnovers, and one for three in FGs. Those are pretty crappy numbers for a few minutes.
Hill Billy go to the blackboard and write 100 times---GJ Vilarino is not Grant Gibbs--and never will be.

dim4sum
12-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Sorry Hill Billy I'm wrong --I saw GG and thought you meant to say GJ.
I've never been one for this new fangled business of reading on line.

Reborn
12-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Hill Billy your stats are all out of whack---you confused Grant Gibbs' stats with with Vilarino's.
Hill Billy go to the blackboard and write 100 times---GJ Vilarino is not Grant Gibbs--and never will be.

dim4sum I think that maybe you should do the research before you tear someone down. I have checked the stats and Hill Billly's are accurate. Gibbs did have a very good game, but I'm still somewhat hesitant about him because of his play against Duke.

TacomaZAG
12-29-2009, 01:56 PM
no offense but if the Duke game is the measuring stick for future playing time, we would have no one in our starting five. Everyone stunk that game. Grant will take Matt's spot next year, IMHO, and will get plenty of playing time the rest of his career at GU. His long range shot is coming around and he is a superior passer. Plus, at 6'-6" he is a load for most 1 and 2 guards to defend. Has he shown any ability to post up his man, like Matt does???? Maybe lack of current minutes have masked some of his skills.

Go ZAGS

RamZag
12-29-2009, 02:54 PM
GG looked like he was playing with a lot of confidence last night. I am hoping that he keeps it up, because he can help us in the long run.