PDA

View Full Version : Theo Sentenced Today (community service)

SageOfZagville
04-19-2007, 12:43 PM
10 hours of community service.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2843081

MDABE80
04-19-2007, 03:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2843081

ZaggyStardust
04-19-2007, 03:45 PM
There is also a video of the hearing as well as a brief interview with Theo on KXLY.com He apologizes. Time to move on! I'm jazzed about Theo's potential....

Angelo Roncalli
04-19-2007, 04:09 PM
I realize some may consider it a bit of legal nit picking, but Theo hasn't been "sentenced." You receive a sentence only if you're convicted or plead guilty. Theo hasn't been convicted or pled guilty.

Theo's community service and life skill class requirements are part of a first offender diversion agreement. If Theo completes these requirements, and has no other related arrests in the next year, the charges go away and the case is dismissed.

That is important to Theo for two reasons. First, if the charges are dismissed, then there is absolutely no threat to his immigration status. Second, upon completion of diversion, Theo will be able to say he has never been convicted of any crime, even a misdemeanor.

ZagNative
04-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks for pointing out that important distinction, Angelo.

youreachiteach
04-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Theo saved again. This might be the last time however. Make the best of it 416.

spudzag
04-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Wow 10 hours. Can he break the 10 hours up over the next 4 years?

thickman1
04-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Theo saved again. This might be the last time however. Make the best of it 416.

You're negativity is really grating. Theo seems like a good kid by all accounts from people who know him and his situation. Bug off.

youreachiteach
04-19-2007, 06:48 PM
That is the problem here. Every one(aau guys, coaches, fans, mentors) always "kisses his but", thats why he keeps messing up, cuz he knows 15 and 10 will always save him. Tough love is what is needed for Theo. Time is running out....There aren't that many 22yr old freshmen out there.

Btw, i know TD since he was 13yrd old. He should be working out for the raptors and nba teams right about now, not getting ready for his fr season and hanging out at shroom parties.

Focus TD. Focus. Dehnam is in the D league because of his bad attitude, you might not even get there!

Rubbadub
04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Wow. You've known him since a few years before he moved to the US, traveled around with him through a few high school changes and then followed him on a cross country trip to GU! and yet every single post you've made about him (and you've made alot of those) has been to bash him and say he is not capable of being a success at GU. Help me out here...are you the grandma who's already well into senility and mad at the world? are you the kids uncle, mad that it wasn't your kid that has a chance to make it big? Were you a high school kid that got bullied by him? What is your agenda?