PDA

View Full Version : Ammo

willandi
12-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Just watched the 2005 Mich St/GU game, and I am amazed at how bad the pro coaches have f****d up Morrisons game. He was a beast, able to score from anywhere over anybody. I understand that the NBA has bigger and better players, but if you gave Ammo the 30 shots Kobe takes per game,he would score 30 or more consistently.

sullyzag66
12-28-2009, 11:37 PM
He got 13 plus minutes tonight in a losing effort against Phoenix. Was 3 for 8 from the field, scoring 7 points.

willandi
12-29-2009, 06:17 AM
I the Mich St game in Maui, he was tireless, constantly moving, adjusting and getting frre. With the Lakers, he goes to a spot and waits for the ball, at least that is what I have seen when I have suffered through watching to see his meager minutes.

If he had Kobe's minutes, he would be close to Kobe's points. The pro's have taken that part of his game away. He wasn't a spot-up and wait shooter, he was slashing, hitting the runner, a J from the top, bring the ball up and drive.

zag67
12-29-2009, 07:47 AM
I do not think that Ammo's problem is his offense. He does not defend or rebound well enough when on that team he would be the 2nd or 3rd option to shoot. Now if he ends up on a team that does not have any good "scorers" then he could be that guy. Adam's job after this year will be to find a team looking for that type of player.

rijman
12-29-2009, 08:41 AM
When Morrison went on the Leno show with his team after they won the 2009 championship I was bothered by the fact that Morrison was very quiet. When Leno asked him a question Kobe chimed in that Morrison almost never talks. At GU Morrison was a confident outspoken player and that persona matched his game. He appears to have lost his swagger playing with the big boys, I hope he gets it back.

The Oregon Spike
12-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Ammo will always be our legend. A shame his NBA career has not flourished. It does not take away from the thrills he provided us...