PDA

View Full Version : Uuuuuughhhhhhhh!!!

LynetteG
12-28-2009, 02:59 PM
It's my wedding anniversary and I cannot talk my husband into watching the game until dinner is over! UGHHHHHHHHHHh

Does he not understand? LOL. I am a regular guy's dream, love sports, and power tools (and know how to use them!).

Root for me everyone! I'll try to catch the game in the 2nd half by eating fast, but without looking like I am....

Nevtelen
12-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Good luck! I know how you feel - one of the reasons I now have a DVR...

Zagpower
12-28-2009, 03:12 PM
One of the reasons, I am not married.:D

But seriously, how about a compromise? You get to watch the game live, and you make whatever promise you must to accomplish that. Good old Negotiations 101.

Good luck!

ID ZAGFAN
12-28-2009, 03:24 PM
or is he? This could make a difference.

If you are you can time it so it isn't ready until 8.

If he is, you could lobby for an elegant late romantic dinner with candles and all--say at about 8:00.

I don't have that problem because our anniversary is in August, but for all games on TV, I just ask "Would you like to eat early (tonight it would be 5:30) or late, say 8?"

ID ZAGFAN

Rangerzag
12-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Dinner should have been ready at about 4:30 ;^)

Good Luck!

krozman
12-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Speaking as a married man, I pick my battles. I made my wife angry when the game I was watching (GU vs. Michigan state) "went into triple overtime in maui OMG~! All my wife heard was "wap wap wap wap" but it was one of the best games of the decade. She got over it.

Against Eastern Washington, your family's mental health overrides your obsessions. Sorry. Husband 1. You 0. Besides, the husband has to have a potty brake eventually, and that gives you just enough time to hit refresh on the scores page and check your game!

maynard g krebs
12-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Replay on FSN at 10:30. Give him a choice between dinner and..... events later in the evening, whatever those may be.

Drew
12-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Duh! Go pick up a TiVo.

LynetteG
12-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! :) For the record, he is cooking dinner, and he is a fantastic cook! We are having prime filet mignon (shipped overnight fresh from NY) and a bottle of 2001 Dominus Estate, so it's a pretty freaking sweet dinner, I can't complain! Dinner is at 630, so I should be able to catch the second half. If not, it's all good. We're going to see GU vs OK on NY, so I'll get my Zag fix on Thurs!

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!

PS Still root on my behalf, it's kind of a superstitious thing. (I'm a horseplayer, we're superstitious folk!)