PDA

View Full Version : This was all my fault

FuManShoes
12-20-2009, 01:51 PM
I did something yesterday I have never done before: I started the beverage rollcall thread. Obviously doing that, and then making it worse by drinking ####ing greyhounds all game, conspired to derail the Zags and hand them a historic loss. I am sorry. I accept that I should probably be benched over this, if not lose my schollie. I have brought SHAME upon Zag Nation.

MedZag
12-20-2009, 02:01 PM
We're all at fault. I opted to wear a GU t-shirt instead of my usual good luck Zags jersey.

BobZag
12-20-2009, 02:03 PM
That'll teach ya.

Will the public flogging of Fu be televised? :)

Ezag
12-20-2009, 02:13 PM
I accept partial blame. I had my mind made up that we would defeat Duke will little problem and didn't need to wear my lucky sweet 16 zag shirt from 10 years ago.

JeffyJeff
12-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I thought it was my fault... I wore a new Zags hoodie during the game. Rule #1 in a big game: never never NEVER wear a new piece of gear that hasn't been properly initiated with an earlier victory.

FuManShoes
12-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Not to mention about a dozen other superfluous threads.

Apologies for starting a few threads that perhaps could have been part of earlier ones or the Foo, and I appreciate that mods clean things up in the post-game thread blitz. I also think a few of us can chill out and attempt to laugh off yesterday's debacle. Hit ignore if you don't care to read my bits of wisdom. I'll leave it the coaches, er, mods, to tell me to throttle back, thank you very much. :ban:

MEZAG
12-20-2009, 03:02 PM
I thought it was my fault... I wore a new Zags hoodie during the game. Rule #1 in a big game: never never NEVER wear a new piece of gear that hasn't been properly initiated with an earlier victory.

How can it ever be initiated with an earlier victory if it wasn't new when the victory occurred?

ZagLawGrad
12-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Can't disagree with anything you said. Add to it way too many threads you start on way too many of the same things.....IMHO :(

ID ZAGFAN
12-20-2009, 03:21 PM
How can it ever be initiated with an earlier victory if it wasn't new when the victory occurred?

the rule was not wear it in a BIG game. Sooooo-- you wear a new piece of equipment in games against Augustana, IPFW, etc. Thus, unless we mess up entirely, it will be initiated with a win. :)

I made sure that all my Zagdogs wore their new bandanas during the Augustana game and during the BIS---so it can't be my fault! :D

ID ZAGFAN

RenoZag
12-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I confess: I wore the red hoodie instead of the blue.

snebzag
12-20-2009, 05:54 PM
I couldn't remember which grey T-shirt I had been wearing. Picked the one with just GONZAGA, instead of GONZAGA BASKETBALL. My fault. Kneading the ZAG ball and rubbing the Bulldog on my hat could not overcome this major mistake in shirt picking. Sorry.

Air Force Zag
12-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Fellas,
Sorry...really all my fault. I NEVER wear any Zag gear during a game -- bad karma...just haven't found a combo that works. But I wore my new Kennel Club shirt, over my long sleeve Bulldogs shirt, and had a GU hat on. And I didn't have my usual adult beverage in hand until late in the second half. And prior to Saturday, hadn't been to a Zag game live since 1994...but I was there at the Garden.

From now on, I'm just watching the Zags at home...drunk...and naked.

ID ZAGFAN
12-20-2009, 06:38 PM
From now on, I'm just watching the Zags at home...drunk...and naked.

another great visual! :lmao:

ID ZAGFAN

willandi
12-20-2009, 06:44 PM
I thought it was me!!! I wore a shirt I had worn before, when the Zags lost. I wear it often, but nevermore while the Zags play. It is retired.

TheBeast
12-20-2009, 06:57 PM
You're all going on my ignore list. At least two of you are going on my double-secret ignore list.

zagsmyboys
12-21-2009, 09:04 AM

Uhm....Yeah...its your fault!!! No Red EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ban:

adoptedzag
12-21-2009, 12:55 PM
I have to admit, its also partially my fault. I got a call from work and had to fix some stuff, so I wasn't at the TV screaming (cause I know they can hear me, my voice travels through wires).

mendiant
12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
I wore no Zag gear at all. :(
I suck.

ZagManFan
12-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I take full blame. I woke up and broke a mirror when I slipped on spilled salt while walking under a ladder. I then for got to knock on wood when I said we always play good against good teams.

Man, had I just stayed in bed all day.

dazags
12-21-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm with you Mendiant. For the first time in recent memory I did not wear ANY Zag gear. I also suck.

wiszag
12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
The last three Zags games I've attended, Duke in the Garden, Memphis in the Spokane Arena and Duke in the Garden. I'm truly cursed.

Take the Illini at the United Center, just sayin...

Ziggy
12-21-2009, 04:58 PM
The last three Zags games I've attended, Duke in the Garden, Memphis in the Spokane Arena and Duke in the Garden. I'm truly cursed.

You are staying home for that one aren't you wis?

MedZag
12-21-2009, 08:48 PM

Every Battle in Seattle I've attended, we've lost. Skip this year... look what happens.

It's scary the power I wield.

cscz28
12-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Every Battle in Seattle I've attended, we've lost. Skip this year... look what happens.

It's scary the power I wield.

the only BiS I've been to was when Ammo hit the game winning three. I totalled my car on the way to the game and was only able to catch the second half. I think the basketball gods had GU win the game to make me feel better. You're welcome GU nation.

It was totally worth it by the way.

Zagineer
12-21-2009, 09:48 PM

Enough said. :) Are you reading, Bocco?? :D

That being said, err written,.......

Bless me Foo for I have sinned. I went to my daughter's new house to watch a GU game for the very first time. I'm to blame. :(

Load it on. My back is strong after 60 years of abuse.

UberZagFan
12-21-2009, 11:02 PM
You all tease about these things but Uber takes them serious. He wore what he thought was the most appropriate gear for the occasion. He was situated just perfect on his couch. He had a Jubelale 09 poured perfectly in his GU pint glass.

And all that went for nothing. By half, he had switched shirts, stood for the rest of the game and even went to Bud Light! Ouch. Nothing seemed to work.

ZagsGoZags
12-22-2009, 02:37 AM
It was all my fault. I was so filled with hubris that I tried in vain to find a legal way to bet in Vegas on the zags.

kitzbuel
12-22-2009, 04:41 AM
I actually just realized that I wore the same shirt to this game that I wore to the NCAA game against Davidson.

I believe that shirt will be burned.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Vx05FT5m91o/SpAZqPb2w4I/AAAAAAAAASQ/T8l8FV0IxCs/s400/burned+at+the+stake.jpg

kyle dixon
12-22-2009, 05:47 AM
I thought it was my fault. I woke my 15 month old baby too early from her nap to drive to Zag Addict's house for the game. Then it turned in to ZA's fault as he claims the NCAA should do an investigation on the refs at Butler's Hinkle Fieldhouse during the Butler-Xavier game. He then proceeded to sit in the wrong chair during the game! Heresy!!

Oh well, ZA's wife cleaned up the mess after the game and sent ZA and me to the bars after the game to cool off. She said my daughter was in good hands. Oh well.....