• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Ray G. Post Mortem

Coach Giacoletti was good enough to come out of the locker room to deliver the post mortem at MSG. Rather short and succinct as one would expect. Ray said we have to be able to work ourselves out of those situations when we fall behind and nothing seems to be working. Someone has to make a pass, a free throw a stop and then build. Said defense was solid the first 10 minutes but we never could get out of that funk. Richard Fox said when he was talking to Ray off the air Ray said essentially "We just sucked!" Ray said we tried all kinds of guys and combinations, 51% from the free throw line, we didn't function at a high level at all. The older guys needed to pull people together, we have to battle through adversity. We just didn't do it tonight. As a team we wil probably just put this one behind us. The coaches though will review the tape.

Fox and Hudson decided at the end of the radio broadcast there would be no Gonzaga player of the game today. Who could argue that?
    Last edited by Section 116; 12-19-2009, 02:39 PM. Reason: Added content
  • Ezag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
    The coaches though will review the tape.
    That will be as painful as watching Bruno!

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

This is a game you crumple up and toss in the garbage. A short memory is your friend about now.

Was there a game today?

The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• deathchina
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
        This is a game you crumple up and toss in the garbage. A short memory is your friend about now.

Was there a game today?

True true, but I just cringe when I think of the casual fans who tuned in to watch Gonzaga for the first time. Can't be good for program perception.

Comment

• 1973Zag
          Kennel Club
          • Feb 2007

When do we play Duke?

Comment

• sullyzag66
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 1973Zag View Post
            When do we play Duke?
            When does Duke play Gonzaga?

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by deathchina View Post
              True true, but I just cringe when I think of the casual fans who tuned in to watch Gonzaga for the first time. Can't be good for program perception.
              Agree. That's why I've been harping for years for Few to learn how to say no to certain games at certain times.
              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Ezag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I don't agree that we say no. Sure it is a tough games but we need tough games. And Mark just does not say no and I applaud him for that.

Believe me, play this game again another day, another time and the outcome would not be this one-sided again.

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

actually, no, we didn't play Duke,

Originally posted by Ezag View Post
                  I don't agree that we say no. Sure it is a tough games but we need tough games. And Mark just does not say no and I applaud him for that.

Believe me, play this game again another day, another time and the outcome would not be this one-sided again.
                  we beat ourselves up in front of millions of witnesses, some of whom played for Duke and many of whom are Duke supporters.
                  Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                  Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                  Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Section 116
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

The thought that occured to me was with millions of folks sitting at home hunkered down to wait out the snowstorm blanketing the mid Atlantic and Northeast corridor all one could hear was the sound of remotes changing the channel looking for something a bit more interesting and competive. I suspect CBS just cringed as the ratings sank when all those fannies were in their seats and turned to something else.

Comment

Working...
                    X