PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Wright

theothegreat21
04-18-2007, 07:15 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-webucla19apr19,1,4122952.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Since it appears that Ryan Wright is indeed transferring would there be anyway we could get him. He would not be eligible to play until 08-09 and at that point we would have 3 scholorships open. Would it be possible that we would have one for poling, one for Theodore/Tinsley, and one for Ryan Wright. He seems like a great student and is a freak athlete and good talent. Also Bob has mentioned this transfer for awhile and with out Canadian players it would seem like a good fit.

ZagAddict
04-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I'd be completely surprised if we landed him considering our schollie situation and already having a commitment from Andy Poling... stranger things have happened I guess.

I expect him to follow Keating to SCU... that's my gut feeling

RebornZag
04-18-2007, 08:35 PM
I might be wrong but I think we will have just two scholarships for '08/'09, and one has been given to Poling, thus leaving one. Only Pendo and Kuso will graduate next year, so only two schollies will be available.

Rubbadub
04-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I might be wrong but I think we will have just two scholarships for '08/'09, and one has been given to Poling, thus leaving one. Only Pendo and Kuso will graduate next year, so only two schollies will be available.

Correct

thespywhozaggedme
04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
My post from a few days ago:

04-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Replies: 15
See ya Mojo
Views: 1,437
Posted By thespywhozaggedme
Saw that one coming from a mile away. Watch for...

Saw that one coming from a mile away. Watch for fellow canucks Ryan Wright (UCLA) and Jevhon Sheppard (Michigan) to follow Mojo's lead. Kris Joseph, Maurice's little bro is playing down in DC and is..

zagscardsfan4
04-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Yes Theo if we did have 3 schollys potentially available i think an athlete such as Ryan Wright would be a treat. Since barring any changes we'll only have 2 and already having Polling, I would love to have Jordan on our campus. I think we could use another tough nosed guard who could shadow Pargo for a year and then do some great things for this program

NorthoftheBorder
05-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Ryan Wright has decided to go to Oklahoma:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/05/22/ucla.wright.ap/index.html

4EVERaZAG
05-22-2007, 10:05 PM
It would be nice to get another big for 2008 but with only one remaining scholarship to give out for 08 we have to go guard. Hopefully we can get Clarke to come visit for a big game in the Kennel this next season and see where things go from there.