PDA

View Full Version : PARGO The SHOOTER

ZagsGoZags
12-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Here is an interesting article on Jeremy's impact on the Israeli team he plays for:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1135702.html

good for him, he came in to GU not a shooter, and worked on it and worked on it and became a decent 3 pt threat from the outside and usually had to be respected for it by the defenses he faced.

I think of Meech and GJ now, wondering what would happen if they increased their midnight hrs in the offseason shooting 3's WHILE SOMEBODY IS ON THEM , not those lazy practice shots that are not the same shot as during a game. Just thinking out loud ..............

hockeyzag
12-17-2009, 02:15 PM
I miss Pargo's team's highlight videos we had earlier in the year. Any chance anyone knows where to find some new ones?

alaskazagnut
12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
I did not know Gonzaga was in the "Western College Conference".

Eroop22
12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
I did not know Gonzaga was in the "Western College Conference".

This thread is in the Old Dogs forum already. I am only bringing it up because I pointed out the same thing in the other thread.

finechina2003
12-17-2009, 03:20 PM
It sounds like Pargo is having a great season and has developed his outside shot. Does he have a realistic chance of ever playing in the NBA?

realtydog
12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
was very nice to speak with the few times I saw him after a game---he did have a good "schoolboy career"

dim4sum
12-17-2009, 04:05 PM
I think every American born player playing in Europe has the dream of being rediscovered and returning to the US as an NBA draft pick. The reality is more like the Continental Basketball League.
The Stewart twins (Roderick and Loderick) are off everyone's radar screen in Finland, and to hear their younger brother brag on his Facebook or My Space page (Hakim Stewart) their return to the NBA next season is a foregone conclusion. I don't believe that. I think Josh is a more likely prospect if he learns to stay in the paint and board. Glad that Jeremy is hitting the long shots but he may not be challenged very much on D.

BoZarth
12-17-2009, 04:11 PM
He most definitely has a chance.

If his outside shot keeps developing he already has NBA caliber driving, posting and body. His defense probably would be the other area to evolve too.

Go Zags!!!!

MedZag
12-17-2009, 05:20 PM
As Abe likes to say... looks like Pargo pulled a Rotnei Clark.

JPtheBeasta
12-17-2009, 07:15 PM
It sounds like Pargo is having a great season and has developed his outside shot. Does he have a realistic chance of ever playing in the NBA?

Will Bynum, his friend, played ball in Israel and is now playing for Detroit. Pargo played for Detroit in the summer league. You can make a lot of comparisons between the two as far as career, skill set, athleticism, and style of play go...

ZagsGoZags
12-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Eroop22 and Alaskazagnut, sorry about that. I didn't even know there was an old dogs blog. I was just so glad to see him considered such a scoring threat it seemed like a new wrinkle in his legacy.