• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimZag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Mark Few on ESPN Podcast 12/15

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/ (on the left, towards the bottom)
    There are some who call me...
  • abarefootboy
    Kennel Club
    • Nov 2007

Super interview ... jeeezie peeezie I luv Coach Few.

Question: "You think you gonna stay there (in Spokane with GU ) ... ? "

Coach Few : " As long as I feel content and challenged ... it's a very comfortable situation ... they ( the University ) take good care of us. "
    humanity is one family ... with one heart

Comment

• MedZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Great interview.

*puts on some Kenny Chesney*
      Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
      You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

A very nice 20 minutes or so. A great listen for every Zag fan.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

I wish

every driver, especially the younger ones, in the INW could hear what he said about driving and talking on the phone.

It is one of the scariest things about driving in this area--probably in any area, but I only drive here.

ID ZAGFAN

Comment

• zagporvida
            Kennel Club Material
            • Jul 2007

Listening to this now, great interview with Coach Few.

Comment

• DADoZAG
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
              A very nice 20 minutes or so. A great listen for every Zag fan.
              If you all can, take the time to listen to the whole interview. We in ZAG Nation are truly blessed with Coach Few.

When asked toward the end of the interview about one offensive thing the ZAGS need to do against Duke, "...move the ball better...," was Coaches reply.

Music to my ears!

Go ZAGS!
              Last edited by DADoZAG; 12-15-2009, 03:52 PM. Reason: oops
              Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

• NovaZag
                Kennel Club Material
                • Nov 2009

Interesting that Few said ball movement is what they are working on for the Duke game. While I agree that our ball movement needs improving, I'm surprised he didn't say rebounding.

Comment

• TheZagPhish
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NovaZag View Post
                  Interesting that Few said ball movement is what they are working on for the Duke game. While I agree that our ball movement needs improving, I'm surprised he didn't say rebounding.
                  Coach Giac's all over it.
                  Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• portlandzag
                    Redshirt
                    • Feb 2007

Thanks for posting. Very nice. Here's hoping that Few blood runs very, very thick!

Comment

• FuManShoes
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

He definitely seemed in a better mood than his interview with KJR last week. Wonder if that would have been the case if Doug had repeatedly asked him about the UW issue. Part of me thinks Few would have been relaxed and called the offer a joke, another part of me thinks he just really is sick of the issue and would have been as surly toward Doug as he was toward Ian. Maybe Few said he wouldn't talk about it.

I'm just saying, Few can be nice and funny when he wants but he rarely is in interviews with Seattle media. We aren't such bad people, Mark!
                      “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• MickMick
                        Zag for Life
                        • Apr 2007

He talks about needing an extra 5-10 percent to get over the hump. I know he is content where he is at, but I wonder if he will become disenchanted with continuously working with "diamonds in the rough". He probably looks at schools like Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky with envy.

How far would Mark Few go with players like John Wall or Harrison Barnes?

This current group is his best chance ever. In my opinion, the best group in his tenure. If he doesn't make serious post season noise in the next 2-3 years, I am concerned that he will come to the conclusion that he can't take Gonzaga any higher.

In other words, it is my belief that the success of the current crop of freshman and sophmores will directly impact Coach Few's thought process with respect to staying at Gonzaga long term.

Perhaps landing players like Bell, Wiltjer, Pangos, or Dranginis might renergize him if the current group doesn't get that "extra 5-10 per cent"
                        I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• NovaZag
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
                          In other words, it is my belief that the success of the current crop of freshman and sophmores will directly impact Coach Few's thought process with respect to staying at Gonzaga long term.
                          This seems a bit of a presumption. He's had good opportunities to leave, especially after last season, and he decided to stay at GU with a bunch of new players. This very well might be his best group, but he didn't know that before the season started. And who's to say that there might not be a better group after this one. Unless things really fall apart, I don't see Few leaving Spokane.

Comment

Working...
                          X