PDA

View Full Version : wow... (link)

Ekrub
12-14-2009, 10:42 AM
http://www.craigehlo.com/

GUDan07
12-14-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't get it. Someone actually LIKES this guy? Perhaps this site can set up an endowment to pay for all the mental suffering caused by having to listen to Ehlo call games.

finechina2003
12-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I enjoyed watching the top 10 plays of Ehlo’s professional career. I actually remember Craig playing in college where he had a great career as a Cougar. I understand the criticism of Craig’s broadcasting ability, but I cringe when the criticism all too often turns personal. Craig is very likeable and is a quality individual who takes seriously his role as a husband and father. Both in his former style of play and his quality of character, Ehlo embodies the elements of “Zag material”.

HillBillyZag
12-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Watched Ehlo play many times at the old Richfield Colisium for the Cav's.
Craig was a gamer who left it all on the floor. Unfortunately he is best remembered for being M.J.'s defender when Jordan hit "the shot" to give the Bulls a playoff final victory and eliminate the Cavs. In Cleveland sports history only Elway's "The Drive" and Leroy Kelly's "The fumble" rate higher in the story of Cleveland sports heartbreak. Unfortunately I saw all three happenings.

SunDevilGolfZag
12-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I enjoyed watching the top 10 plays of Ehlo’s professional career. I actually remember Craig playing in college where he had a great career as a Cougar. I understand the criticism of Craig’s broadcasting ability, but I cringe when the criticism all too often turns personal. Craig is very likeable and is a quality individual who takes seriously his role as a husband and father. Both in his former style of play and his quality of character, Ehlo embodies the elements of “Zag material”.

+1 on his character

Also, I personally think Ehlo would be a great color man along with a good play-by-play guy. (he's an entertaining Dizzy Dean type)

FuManShoes
12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
I was just a youngster during the Cavs' glory years. Had no idea Ehlo was such a dynamic scorer! His give and go off the inbounds was awesome, not to mention his mullet.

alaskazagnut
12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
We love our Zags so much that very few will ever be good enough to call the games unless they are a former Zag.

I don't think they are good but it would be hard to ruin any Zags game.

Birddog
12-15-2009, 03:16 AM
Also, I personally think Ehlo would be a great color man along with a good play-by-play guy. (he's an entertaining Dizzy Dean type)

Right on the money. The problem is Heister, not Ehlo. it's Heister's job to keep the flow of the game in mind, make sure there is continuity, and report on what is happening on the court. The PBP guy is the captain of the ship, the Color guy is there to add insights and fill up the dead times with anecdotes, stats, etc. Heister is probably an OK dude, he's just not a good PBP announcer. He's botched a couple calls on the rules this season too. It's Heister's job to keep the flow of the broadcast going, he's too easily distracted. Brownie was a Zag, and he didn't add much when he had Ehlo's job. At least Craig Ehlo knows the game and I dare say a lot better than any of us knuckleheads on this board.

ZagSlug
12-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Every time I hear people complain about the announcers I suggest that they listen to other WCC or small conference school announcers.

GU69
12-15-2009, 10:58 AM
The problem is Heister, not Ehlo.

This is my vote too.

Ehlo can actually add some interesting insights.

But Heister is the one who controls the flow, and he is the one who takes them into silly tangents.