PDA

View Full Version : Best Freshman of the Weekend....

bullzag23
12-14-2009, 08:22 AM
...Is Elias Harris! According to Jay Bilas:

Best Freshman: Elias Harris, Gonzaga
I know that he is 20 years old, but Harris has a motor few pros have. He pursues every ball and he can be isolated off of the block and score. His motor gets him to the free throw line and he will continue to improve as his raw ability is harnessed. Harris had 27 points, five rebounds and two blocks against Davidson in a game the Zags played without star guard Matt Bouldin.

Kiddwell
12-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Bilas giving love to the EH & the Zags, nice.

:]

BobZag
12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Best Hearing By A Coach: North Carolina coach Roy Williams is a passionate and sensitive guy, and one heck of a basketball coach. But when Williams had a Presbyterian fan removed from the Smith Center for simply shouting for Deon Thompson to miss a free throw, his good hearing may have allowed his sensitivity to get the best of him. Upon hearing the Presbyterian fan yell for Thompson to miss, Williams turned around, identified the fan and yelled at him to "shut up!" He then motioned for Smith Center security to remove the individual. If the fan were profane or abusive, fine. But there were no such reports. Then, in the postgame press conference, Williams said that nobody should say anything negative toward his players on North Carolina's tickets, and if the incident had occurred on the playground, he would have had "different ideas," implying that he would have physically fought the young man.

Emma was famous for shouting, "Miss it!", and not just in The Kennel. Poor girl woulda been tossed by ol' Roy.

CroatiaZag
12-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Emma was famous for shouting, "Miss it!", and not just in The Kennel. Poor girl woulda been tossed by ol' Roy.

Rather, we honored her with a letterman's jacket. She was awesome.

ZagNative
12-14-2009, 02:15 PM
She'd only have been booted, most likely, at an away game. I did see her at the WCC tourney in San Diego before it moved to Las Vegas. I'd think those WCC teams would be laying in wait to give her the boot when away from the Zags court.