PDA

View Full Version : Text messaging to be banned?

BobZag
04-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Hopefully. Coaches and recruits spend way too much time doing this, imo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?id=2841603

Rubbadub
04-18-2007, 11:14 AM
I dont see what the problem is. Who WOULDNT love to get 20 text messages from Kelvin Sampson a day? :)

sonuvazag
04-18-2007, 11:18 AM
The answer is 23 minutes...

The question is: how long before K. Sampson gets slammed.:lmao:

LynetteG
04-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I certainly hope they do ban this practice! It's very wrong, and puts the PSA in a very awkward position.

Any school that texts J will be dropped from consideration. My sister HATES this stuff.

MBZags
04-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Text messaging is such an annoying fad. If you want to tell someone something, just dial the number.

tyra
04-18-2007, 04:53 PM
I asked my 22 year old son the other day if he had a phone number of a certain person I needed to talk to and with whom I knew he had been in contact. His reply? "Oh, Dad, telephones are sooo your generation." I think what he meant by that was that text messaging was the preferred way to communucate these days. Shouldn't be surprised. He is having a hard time living within the 1,000 text messages allowance per month.

Kaduce
04-18-2007, 05:43 PM
For me, texting is great for communicating with people during classes, but that's about all I use it for.

kylasdad
04-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Quick, somebody text Jordan, his mom, dad, and Aunt acting like important people from any potential school that is courting him!:lmao: well, except for GU of course.

sonuvazag
04-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Quick, somebody text Jordan, his mom, dad, and Aunt acting like important people from any potential school that is courting him!:lmao: well, except for GU of course.

This kind of smarts is exactly why GU has greater pastures ahead. Anyone have a Marquette or Memphis area code on their phone?

thickman1
04-19-2007, 05:45 AM
For me, texting is great for communicating with people during classes, but that's about all I use it for.

Does it go like this? "What's the ANSR to #4? #8 and #14. THKS. U RK"

thickman1
04-19-2007, 05:46 AM
This kind of smarts is exactly why GU has greater pastures ahead. Anyone have a Marquette or Memphis area code on their phone?

I do - but wouldn't have any idea how to text in the proper lingo.

thickman1
04-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Text messaging is such an annoying fad. If you want to tell someone something, just dial the number.
Coaches use the Text messaging as a means to get around the no-calling rule. A player can call a coach whenever he wants - a coach has only a limited time frame when they can call a player. Sooooo, coach text's a kid saying "call me so we can talk" and everything is a-ok according to NCAA.

This practice does need to go away.