PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to West Side Zag Fans

Reborn
12-12-2009, 09:09 PM
and to the Eastsiders who went too, and everyone else who was at the game. I KNOW the team appreciated it, and you made Zag Nation proud tonight. I've watched a lot of games this year at neutral sites and the arena's have been half empty. At least on TV the crowd looked great. Id love to hear from some of you who went to the game, so I might get a better sense of what it was like there. I think you got to see a very entertaining game.

VinnyZag
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
I was a little disappointed, actually. KeyArena was at least half empty. It's been packed for every other BiS, I've been to all of them. I suppose it's because Davidson isn't a marquee name w/o Curry, but still ... would've thought more people would turn out.

bigblahla
12-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Have to consider the economy. I know people out of work who wouldn't be if they could find a job.

just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

Reborn
12-13-2009, 08:20 AM
KeyArena was at least half empty.

Well, the TV cameras kept it hidden. Most of Key was blacked out accept the first level, which looked pretty full. The crowd sounded good on TV too. I thought Heister said there were 10 to 12,000. It also looked like there were a lot of students there, so here's a shoutout to them for going right before finals week. Great job guys.

1973Zag
12-13-2009, 08:26 AM
> ticket and overall outing cost+ <money to spend= less attendance???.

Drew
12-13-2009, 08:33 AM
I went yesterday, and there are already people excited about next year's BiS game against Illinois . . . including myself.

Nevtelen
12-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Key holds 18,000, right? It was definitely 2/3 full - 12K sounds about right. The lower bowl was almost totally full and a few of the upper sections were mostly full (others were totally empty).

Reborn
12-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Key holds 18,000, right? It was definitely 2/3 full - 12K sounds about right. The lower bowl was almost totally full and a few of the upper sections were mostly full (others were totally empty).

That's how it looked on TV.

MedZag
12-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Have to consider the economy. I know people out of work who wouldn't be if they could find a job.

just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

Ditto. A lot of my fellow alums this year couldn't make it because they are out of work or couldn't get the time off work this year.

CroatiaZag
12-13-2009, 02:02 PM
13,176 was the attendance per Seattle Times today. I took a picture of our section right after tipoff. We were the only people in it. Lower level on the horseshoe. It was pretty full by the beginning of the second half, I think a lot of people moved down.

Do I remember correctly that the UConn game did not sell out last year either?

More fans come out of the woodwork for a big game at a reasonable cost. The ticket prices were way too high when they first came out this year. Some of my Portland friends made the early decision to pass due to those factors. I hope next year will be different, but I still had a blast yesterday (thanks again GoZags). And thank you Zags for making the trip over here every year!

Section 116
12-13-2009, 02:23 PM
I know the Seattle Times listed the attendance at just over 13,000 but as I understand capacity is listed at just over 17,000. I am at least average, I believe, when it comes to estimating attendance and I can't believe there were just over 13,000 there. There may have been that many tickets sold, perhaps a lot of no shows, but the published 13.000 plus figure stuns me. Also of interest to me were the number of scalpers outside trying to buy extra tickets. Not sure if they thought they could make a killing on unsuspecting fans but you could have walked up to a ticket window and bought yourself a decent seat.