PDA

View Full Version : Why Bobby has the least ave. minutes of any starter

tyra
12-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I'd like to understand the thinking behind Coach Few's minute allocation for Bobby. I know there have been many times when he was removed because of foul trouble but there are also times when he is just removed. Theories?

Radbooks
12-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I have no idea, but maybe he's tired, and when he's tired, he's prone to cheap fouls?

MedZag
12-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Foul trouble is likely 90% of the reality. Few needs to make sure Bobby Bottleservice is on the floor in the closing minutes, just with the way he changes the game while he's in.

former1dog
12-12-2009, 08:35 PM
I'd like to understand the thinking behind Coach Few's minute allocation for Bobby. I know there have been many times when he was removed because of foul trouble but there are also times when he is just removed. Theories?

7', 260 pound people need to rest on occasion.

ZagNative
12-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm assuming the reference to "Bobby" was tongue in cheek, but just in case: It was a gag he pulled on an English prof and then carried it over to Lavin and crew. "Bobby" is our same old beloved "Rob."

Carry on.

Oh, and also just in case, while noting ZN is no where near approaching Rob's load, just in case, she's keeping F1D's advice/excuse in mind to palm off as an excuse to dogtownkid when ZN feels a need to stop for a libation whilst trotting about the interlands.

alaskazagnut
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Not only is his foul trouble costing him minutes but he also is reverting back to some of his frosh habits. He just needs to get back the same confidence he had in the first 3 games of the season. He seemed to dominate and drop in the baby hooks and tip-in's at will. If he can just get that game time fluidity back then he'll find that fade away 6 footer or the baby hook shot and he can't be stopped. He needs to shoot immediately rather than put the ball on the floor to dribble closer and let the double team close in on him. Lately, he thinks before he shoots or he is just simply not up to speed with the game play that coach Few draws up and he hesitates. Then he just gets the ball raked out of his hands from the constant double team he deals with or the defender ties him up long enough to get a jump ball (alternating possession). Thats all confidence related. He'll get it back. Plus he's only a soph.!!

Does anyone else think that the ref's this year are calling those "jump ball's" too quick?

Sacre is your way better than average sophomore big man who's body is ready, but his mind isn't.

WallaWallaZag
12-13-2009, 01:14 AM
aside from the foul trouble, part of sacre's problem is that opponents are now devising game plans on how to contain him so he just needs to adjust and learn. he's getting doubled and pushed off the blocks now...teams realize he can't make moves off the dribble so if you can make him catch the ball more than 5-6 ft away from the rim the jump hook and turnaround become much more difficult.

BobZag
12-13-2009, 08:45 AM
He's at his best when rested.

HillBillyZag
12-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Also, he had one (1) board. G.G. for example had eight.(8).