PDA

View Full Version : WCC vs. Pac 10

Midwestzag
12-12-2009, 06:24 PM
So with St. Mary's victory over the Ducks today, what is the WCC's record against the Pac 10?

Oh, and a message to the Pilots: please beat the Washington Chickens. Drive them out of the top 25 (which will certainly happen after losses to Portland and Texas A & M) so I don't have to see their box scores or highlights on any news service or ESPN show for the next decade.

Bocco
12-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh, and a message to the Pilots: please beat the Washington Chickens. Drive them out of the top 25 (which will certainly happen after losses to Portland and Texas A & M) so I don't have to see their box scores or highlights on any news service or ESPN show for the next decade.

what Midwestzag said .... +1

MickMick
12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Portland matches up well with Washington inside. I wonder if the UW athleticism at guard will be too much for them though.

The biggest problem for Portland is that their strength is in shooting from long range. If their shot is off they are in for a real battle against anybody they play. I can see them beating a top 10 team or losing to any WCC team on a given night....depending on if they are getting open looks and hitting them.

GoZags
12-12-2009, 06:57 PM
WCC: 6 - 3 over the Pac 10.

WCC: 12 - 8 OOC vs BCS Big 6 schools
Pac 10: 5 - 19 OOC vs BCS Big 6 schools

bballguy
12-12-2009, 06:58 PM
As of tonight the WCC is 6-3 against the Pac-10. Three of those wins come against Oregon. Ouch!

VinnyZag
12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Which begs the question, where would Oregon finish in the WCC? Sixth?

dawgfather11
12-13-2009, 12:34 AM
fwiw you are talking about Oregon which was the worth team in the league last year and prolly will finish 8th this year so although I guess a good acomplishment for the wcc nto really much to write home about....

GoZags
12-13-2009, 07:09 AM
fwiw you are talking about Oregon which was the worth team in the league last year and prolly will finish 8th this year so although I guess a good acomplishment for the wcc nto really much to write home about....

Oregon is 5-19 vs the other 5 members of BCS conferences this year? Or is it the Pac 10 that is 5-19?

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-13-2009, 06:10 PM
What is the WCC's record against the Big Sky Conference? It might be worse than the record against the Pac-10.

deathchina
12-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Let's enjoy this while it lasts. This season has been a HUGE aberration.

maynard g krebs
12-13-2009, 08:25 PM
As of tonight the WCC is 6-3 against the Pac-10. Three of those wins come against Oregon. Ouch!

Oregon has lost to Portland and St. Marys, as well as Montana and Missouri. Neither Montana nor Missouri is in the WCC.

Rbo
12-13-2009, 08:53 PM
At this point, every team in the Pac-10 is suspect. The Cougs actually have a decent shot at winning the whole thing. I'm hoping to make the UW-Portland game...both teams are in the top three of their respective conferences, so it should be a good indication of how the leagues stack up. Of course, in my humble opinion, the Zags are clearly number one in the Northwest. And then comes the big match up at the Garden!

FieldHouseFishHouse
12-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Oregon has lost to Portland and St. Marys, as well as Montana and Missouri. Neither Montana nor Missouri is in the WCC.

Nice catch

For clarity

Wins:
SMC>Oregon
GU>WSU
Port>UCLA
Port>Oregon
USD>Stanford
LMU>USC

Losses:
WSU>USD
UCLA>Pepp
ASU>USF

TBD:
Port at UW (go Pilots)
USF at UW (go WCC...but sorry Dons, I don't really care)

So the WCC has clinched the series for this year, unless there is a matchup come tourney time (any matchup would be dramatic, but GU vs UW would be a monster).

FieldHouseFishHouse
12-14-2009, 02:18 AM
What is the WCC's record against the Big Sky Conference? It might be worse than the record against the Pac-10.

I had some time on my hands so....

Wins:
Port>EWU

Losses:
MSU>USF
PSU>Pepp
N Az>SCU
UM>LMU
UM>LMU (yes, twice)
PSU>Port

TBD:
GU vs. EWU
Sac St. vs. LMU
SMC vs PSU

Sporting a 1-6 record against the mighty Big Sky. Keeping things in perspective, if LMU plays like they did against Notre Dame and USC the WCC should improve to 4-6.
This is why the bottom of the WCC need to take care of business in order for the league to be a legit muti-bid threat in March (although its PSU>Porland that hurts the most). The losses listed above are totally killing the conference resume.

PS. GU vs Portland State is a possible 1st round match-up if things go well for both teams. That would be a revenge game the Zags could get up for.

SLOZag
01-11-2010, 10:56 PM
What a difference a month makes! Just 29 days ago (12/13/09 -- see above)dawgfather added the following post to this discussion prompted by Oregon's losses to Portland and St. Mary's:

"fwiw you are talking about Oregon which was the worth team in the league last year and prolly will finish 8th this year so although I guess a good acomplishment for the wcc nto really much to write home about...."

At this moment Oregon is tied for first in the Pac 10, UDub is in sole possession of the basement of the Pac 10, and nine days ago Oregon slapped UDub silly at home.

Sweet!

SoCalZag
01-12-2010, 07:07 AM
What a difference a month makes! Just 29 days ago (12/13/09 -- see above)dawgfather added the following post to this discussion prompted by Oregon's losses to Portland and St. Mary's:

"fwiw you are talking about Oregon which was the worth team in the league last year and prolly will finish 8th this year so although I guess a good acomplishment for the wcc nto really much to write home about...."

At this moment Oregon is tied for first in the Pac 10, UDub is in sole possession of the basement of the Pac 10, and nine days ago Oregon slapped UDub silly at home.

Sweet!

Now I'm not much of a trash-talker or UW-hater, but that's pretty funny!