• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Davidson-Zags BiS Game Thread 12/12/09

This game will be much, much tougher than most Zag fans think. Matt Bouldin is not 100% and he's the engine that makes these Zags go. Davidson is very well coached and disciplined. KeyArena has not been particularly nice to GU lately.

Should the Zags win? Probably, yes.

Will the Zags win? I'm not sure.

Step up. Go Zags!
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

white smoke

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
    This game will be much, much tougher than most Zag fans think. Matt Bouldin is not 100% and he's the engine that makes these Zags go. Davidson is very well coached and disciplined. KeyArena has not been particularly nice to GU lately.

Should the Zags win? Probably, yes.

Will the Zags win? I'm not sure.

Step up. Go Zags!

beezer---if gu wins, pls send up the white smoke.....or beat the drums.....tweet the twitter....it doesnt seem like anyone outside of the town will see the game....some Battle.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

We'll see if ZagMan In Philly gets the game on justin.tv.

I'm listening to the local radio pre-game before the real pre-game. Maybe someone would like to call in to ask them what they know about the game being blacked out in so much of the country. I'll try to catch the phone number the next time they announce it.

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I called Mark and Toby on the radio just to test to see if I picked up the right local phone # to post here, and I was surprised and caught off-guard when Mark and Toby answered, so I sounded like a blithering idiot, I'm sure.

In any event, the phone nos. if you want to call is toby and mark
        448 7874 in Spokane, or 1-800-718-7874 if you are out of the area

I asked about the blackout, and they were surprised to hear about it. Absolute news to them.

Comment

• ZAGSBball15
          Redshirt
          • Dec 2009

im so psyced (sp?) 4 this game....i freaked when Matt got hurt, but hey, he's an agressive player, whad'ya expect?

tha zags should win, and will win...

*knock on wood*
          music, basketball, and Matt Bouldin...
          just a few of my favorite things.

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Eek! No Richard Fox on KGA radio today. HuddyBuddy says he had to stay behind and work.

Comment

• ZagNative
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Per Tom Hudson right now: Matt is in street clothes! symptoms of the concussion are still there, so Grant will start! Do good Grant!

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                Per Tom Hudson right now: Matt is in street clothes! symptoms of the concussion are still there, so Grant will start! Do good Grant!
                ooo, good info. we'll see, but it feels OK to me fwiw. adds more intrigue for sure...what an opportunity for all to step up!

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Zag4Hire
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

With Matt Out..

I am going to go out on a limb and say Few does some feed the best offense: just work it down in the post with Harris and Sacre. I am calling it now that Harris and Sacre abuse Davidson's frontcourt. I am going to say Harris 23pts, 12 rebs, 1 blk; Sacre 17 pts, 9 rebs, 3 blks. I expect big minutes from all Zags and look for KO maybe to hit a three ball or two. This isn't the Davidson of a few years back and don't call this a trap game. The trap game was Washington State (riding high after the Maui win and playing at home against a foe with an edge). The last BiS were all nationally televised and sold out. This one may get blacked out. There is a reason why.

Gonzaga 83
                  Davidson 64
                  IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• Zag4Hire
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Looking for Good in Bad

I hope Few gives Meech a pep talk about leading the team today. What a perfect opportunity to do so when the Zags need him most. Albeit different circumstances, Saint Mary's was a bigger threat and THEN Josh was suspended the day of the game in K2. Few knows how to inspire his troops in the absence of a key cog. I am not worried too much about the game but about Matt. I hope it doesn't end up being too serious.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2008

hope you're right Zag4hire! both posts, and I hope Matt's OK

Comment

• BobZag
                        Dark Lord of the Zag
                        • Jan 2007

A freshman taking a senior's spot. Well, if nothing else, this will be interesting. I can see Few going by "committee" on this, ie, Gibbs, Arop, Kong to step in for Bouldin.
                        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Akzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

the tv gods figured things out ... I've got live feed (following the Few Show).

game at Key, so no gametracker ... GameTrax available via foxsports
                          So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

Great Clip

The Mark Few Show showing the campers. What a great insight. I know Kryzewskiville is quite dedicated and I know it can get cold in NC but braving the weather of Spokane in winter? That is true dedication right there. Nice to see the players appreciate it and hand out warm drinks. Great team and great student body!

Comment

• Akzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

One thing I've sensed with Grant on the floor is that he has a calming effect ... with that redshirt year, he seems to have become that "other" coach on the court.
                              So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

Working...
                              X