PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Gonzaga vs Davidson BIS

Reborn
12-11-2009, 08:16 PM
These are things I'll be looking for:

1. Can Elias Harris return to who he was before "the incident?"
2. Is Steven Gray Breaking out of his shooting slump?
3. Will Bol Kong's stock continue to rise?
4. This is Gonzaga's first game in a large arena like Key. How will this affect this young Zag team?
5. I'm keeping my eyes on Sacre and Harris because they were so dominating early on in the year, but their play seems to be slipping as Kong and Arop continue to play better and better. Can our low post players dominate or will they flounder around like rookies?
6. Finally will Gibbs and Arop continue to take minutes away from Meech or will he begin to step up to be the point guard I think Few was hoping he could be.

This game is important because it's a game the Zags should win comfortably. Not that it won't be a good game, and a tough one too, but we still should dominate. This is a game that I believe will go along way in determining the rotation and minutes for players in the weeks to come. It's a huge game because it's a game that will hopefully prepare us for Duke. A nice win restores our confidence after a loss to Wake Forest. If we struggle a lot, I think it's not a real good sign.

A good win is a victory by 13 pts or better. Boudin gets 17 points, Gray 13, Harris 12 pts and 8 boards, and Kong 11. Sacre needs to be in the 8-9 pt range and 9-10 boards. The remaining 16 points to be devided by Meech, Arop Olynyk and Gibbs.

GU 78
Davidson 63

ronh_pm
12-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I would really like to see a game where they start well and compete, as they did in the MSU game. They need an intensity out of the gate, not at the half.

They may get away with it yet again against Davidson (or not) but falling 12 points behind Duke and I would guess it will be game over.

Starting well needs to become a habit.

billyberu
12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I just want to see them win. Been to every BIS since Adam banked the three-pointer against the Pokies and we haven't experienced a win since then.

Play hard and win. Damnit.

switchboard
12-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Didn't we play in East Lansing? That was a large arena, at least 15,000+ capacity.

Reborn
12-12-2009, 04:15 AM
You are right. Thanks. I think playing in these kinds of venues really helps the Zags in post season play.

Reborn
12-12-2009, 05:13 AM
I'm up early again this morning getting ready for a great game. I'm excited. The BIS is always one of my favorite games. The Zags have had some great games in the BIS over the last 4 years, and even though we lost the last 3 they were still great games. Who'll ever forget the game winner by Morrison, off the backboard? I was there, and it was one of those awesome moments in sports. The Zags were outmanned against Tennessee, and really should have beated both Nevada and UCONN. I think both of those were very disappointing losses, but still really exciting games.

I was glad when Gonzaga announced that the Zags would be playing Davidson this year. I hated our loss to them in the NCAA tournament two years ago, but they were definitely a great team with a great player. Stephen Cury made Davidson a household name in college basketball. They have a great coach who has built a very good program. Playing Davidson again brings back so many memories, and it's fun to remember special games the Zags have played in over the years, and the Stephen Cury Davidson team is certainly one of those games. I hope today's game will also be one to remember. I'm excited to see it all unfold this afternoon.

1973Zag
12-12-2009, 06:10 AM
MSU- Breslin arena=16,280 of which about 16,250 were cheering loudly AGAINST us!