• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

11:00am today: Chat with Andy Katz

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Got a question?

There you go.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Pleasant Peninsula
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2008

LB (Indiana)

What do you think of the recent down turn of events in the WCC? Gonzaga's lost on Saturday doesn't mean as much, but Portland, San Diego and St. Mary's don't have any more opportunities available to improve their and the conference RPIs. IS the WCC back to a one bid team without a GU upset in the WCC tournament. Thanks.

Andy Katz
    (2:20 PM)

The problem is the margin for error is so thin and when Portland loses to Portland State and at Idaho the Pilots are suddenly dropped. The team to watch for a second bid now might be Saint Mary's, which is a deuce away from being undefeated. I'm not giving up on Portland now but the Pilots have dug themselves a hole. It can be erased with a win at Washington. San Diego has no shot at an at-large now.

Comment

• bullzag23
      Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
      • Apr 2008

'76 Coug (Sammamish, WA)

Hi Andy,Started out very excited about Wazzu this year and then their youth hit me in the face by blowing a large lead at Gonzaga and getting creamed on the road by K-State. Do you think Ken Bone can channel these guys into making an upper half finish in a down PAC-10 is it probably "hit the weight room and wait 'till next year"? Thanks.

Andy Katz (2:26 PM)

The Cougars can make a run in the Pac-10 because the league is so weak. Blowing the lead at Gonzaga and losing at Kansas State is hardly something to be down about. I fully expect Klay Thompson to challenge for Pac-10 playe of the year and the Cougs to challenge for a top five Pac-10 finish.

Josh (Redmond, WA)

Will that state of Washington or Pac-10 get more teams into the NCAA tournament?

Andy Katz (2:27 PM)

Good call.I'd say it's even.Ultimately I think the state of Washington will have two teams (Gonzaga and Washington) and the Pac-10 will have two (Washington and Cal).
      A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
      Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
      Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• nonzagzag
        Kennel Club
        • Mar 2007

Jake (SF,CA)

I hope a possible WCC/A10 "Challenge" occurs for the future. Good possibility?

Andy Katz (2:39 PM)

Yes. Strong possibility. The Gonzaga-Xavier game is already set.

Comment

• bullzag23
          Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
          • Apr 2008

Got another one..

GU/WCC seems to be lighting up the chat today:

Drew (Davenport)

do you think in order to ever win a national championship Gonzaga must move into a more competitive league such as the pac-10 in order to a a tougher regular season schedule, and more real test for the national tournament?

Andy Katz (2:42 PM)

No. Has nothing to do with it. The WCC may get as many teams in as the Pac-10 this season. Matchups and seedings has been an issue for the Zags, not conference affiliation.
          A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
          Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
          Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• cbbfanatic
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Aug 2007

I disagree that seeding and matchups are what have stood between gu and a title, or even a final four.

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Feb 2007

Matchups were defininely a big time issue the past two tournaments. Zags could well have made it past the sweet sixteen if they hadn't collided with a brick wall otherwise known as North Carolina. If not for the first game match up the previous year with a red hot Davidson, the Zags could very possibly have gone a long way. Still, those worthy of tournament advancement have to overcome whatever challenges face them (except when the challenge last March was NC being - no one had a chance against those Tarheels).

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                • Feb 2007

Mother...

I missed it. Thanks for the heads up anyways BZ, I enjoy trying to get a question in.
                Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

I really, really hope that Gonzaga is able to win enough games to get placed as a top 4 seed in the Spokane subregional. That would be a huge advantage.

Comment

• UberZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
                    Matchups were defininely a big time issue the past two tournaments. Zags could well have made it past the sweet sixteen if they hadn't collided with a brick wall otherwise known as North Carolina. If not for the first game match up the previous year with a red hot Davidson, the Zags could very possibly have gone a long way. Still, those worthy of tournament advancement have to overcome whatever challenges face them (except when the challenge last March was NC being - no one had a chance against those Tarheels).
                    Uber would say the same thing regarding another game against another team that Uber won't mention (Uber's therapist said that he is no longer allowed to speak of that game). The best chances at a FF were that year and GU blew it by not being able to hold a lead--a lead that was in double digits and prompted Uberwife to declare the game over and went to bed.
                    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• Rangerzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
                      Uberwife to declare the game over and went to bed.
                      At last we know who to blame!!!

Honest, just kidding!
                      "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                      "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                      I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• UberZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rangerzag View Post

Honest, just kidding!
                        Believe Uber, he's known it for a long time...
                        If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• zagzilla
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerzag
                          Honest, just kidding!

Believe Uber, he's known it for a long time...

Funniest thing you've ever posted Uber! Sorry-can't neg rep that one

ZZ

Comment

• titopoet
                            Zag for Life
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
                            The best chances at a FF were that year and GU blew it by not being able to hold a lead--a lead that was in double digits and prompted Uberwife to declare the game over and went to bed.
                            Sad tale Uber, but as I remember the game ended around lunch time. (I cheated by watching it at work) How early does Uberwife get to bed? 1:00 pm?
                            ----
                            Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

Comment

• BobZag
                              Dark Lord of the Zag
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by titopoet View Post
                              Sad tale Uber, but as I remember the game ended around lunch time. (I cheated by watching it at work) How early does Uberwife get to bed? 1:00 pm?
                              No, it ended late. I hit the shower afterwards, too numb to feel the water.
                              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
                              X