PDA

View Full Version : I finally figured who Elias reminds me of

thespywhozaggedme
12-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Identical height and frame, Same, if not identical build, although this player is more buff now, but when he was the same age as Elias his body was identical. Their games are almost identical as well. Elias reminds me so much of................................................ .................................................. ......

Carlos Boozer

thespywhozaggedme
12-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I think there's been better comparisons thrown out there.

Of course you do. Such as?

FuManShoes
12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Shawn Marion maybe?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shawn_marion/career_stats.html

MedZag
12-10-2009, 10:30 PM
David Hasselhoff?

upan8th
12-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Such As: There'VE been better comparisons thrown out there..."
The grammar gestapo is EVERYWHERE! There's no escape. Think about it. Which sounds better? Which sounds right? "There's (singular): There's been better comparisons", or (plural): "There've been better comparisons..."

Sorry, but this fundamental error of english language usage needs to be confronted NOW! If the basic agreement in the tense of personal pronouns goes down, what's to prevent everyone from communicating in text-speak (better known here as Jazz-speak?) In other words, the end of the world as we know it. Plural nouns, "comparisons" require plural pronouns, "there've".

Mal, you took the effort to contract the phrase, "THERE HAVE" in the context of your remark. How did that come out "THERE IS"? You're (You's?) not alone. Obama is doing it. Geithner is too. It's epidemic. And that's why I'm risking fifty billion neg reps, if not more, to say that you Mal, and all our earnest brethern on these boards, need to make a better effort to preserve our, and the modern English speaking world's written culture, by correctly using, against all odds, the !!@##*! proper application of singular/plural personal pronouns.

Seriously.:(

Thomas_Sutpen
12-10-2009, 11:49 PM
all our earnest brethern on these boards, need to make a better effort to preserve our, and the modern English speaking world's written culture, by correctly using, against all odds, the !!@##*! proper application of singular/plural personal pronouns.

"Brethern" ain't a word, pal. You's lookin' for "brethren."

Also, FYI, Mal misconjugated the verb "to have"; there were no misapplied personal pronouns.

If you're gonna throw stones, get your own glass house in order.

MontanaZag
12-11-2009, 04:51 AM
of a comparison than Carlos Boozer. Boozer is much "bigger" than Elias, Marion is much more of a similar body type. It is interesting that there are so few NBA players that are comparable.

gozagswoohoo
12-11-2009, 06:04 AM
The guy from one of the Children of the Corn movies that gets his head pulled off by the corn monster guy. (I believe he was actually a basketball player in the movie too).

FlyZag
12-11-2009, 07:11 AM
The grammar gestapo is EVERYWHERE! There's no escape. Think about it. Which sounds better? Which sounds right? "There's (singular): There's been better comparisons", or (plural): "There've been better comparisons..."

Sorry, but this fundamental error of english language usage needs to be confronted NOW! If the basic agreement in the tense of personal pronouns goes down, what's to prevent everyone from communicating in text-speak (better known here as Jazz-speak?) In other words, the end of the world as we know it. Plural nouns, "comparisons" require plural pronouns, "there've".

Mal, you took the effort to contract the phrase, "THERE HAVE" in the context of your remark. How did that come out "THERE IS"? You're (You's?) not alone. Obama is doing it. Geithner is too. It's epidemic. And that's why I'm risking fifty billion neg reps, if not more, to say that you Mal, and all our earnest brethern on these boards, need to make a better effort to preserve our, and the modern English speaking world's written culture, by correctly using, against all odds, the !!@##*! proper application of singular/plural personal pronouns.

I didn't think math was going to be required this morning :D

gamagin
12-11-2009, 07:17 AM

Go TEAM Zags !