PDA

View Full Version : Withers Article on EH

Angelo Roncalli
12-10-2009, 12:57 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/collegesports/2010473119_zags11.html

LynetteG
12-10-2009, 01:06 PM
I hadn't realized he was at the Memphis game, and I also didn't know his father was in Spokane to watch the Wake game, wow.

ZagNative
12-10-2009, 01:07 PM
How could you not love Tommy. He is THE TRUTH.

Now the question is whether the incident will precede Harris and he'll be the target of officials' scrutiny.

"I'm sure he will be," said Zags assistant coach Tommy Lloyd. "But it's never been an issue for him before and I don't think it will be again. I think he's already ready to put it behind him."
It was Lloyd who uncovered Harris in Germany, benefiting from coaching friends in the country where he played professional basketball in 1999.

"From the first day on, I had a good feeling talking to him," Harris said earlier this fall. "I didn't have the feeling he was lying or telling me things that weren't true.

"Something told me I better go to Gonzaga."

Zags fans who wrote off a miserable performance last February against Memphis at Spokane Arena didn't know about a silver lining. Harris was taking a visit and was impressed by the passion of the crowd.

"I think I picked the right game," he said. "The atmosphere, it was crazy. Me coming from Germany, I never saw that atmosphere, or that many people coming to a game."