PDA

View Full Version : GU-Oklahoma tickets available

Section 116
12-10-2009, 12:54 PM
In listening to the noon show on KGA today hosted by Tom Hudson and discussed on another thread. Hudson noted several times there are still tickets available for the GU-OU game in the Spokane Arena on New Years eve night. If you are still dying to see the Zags live and haven't had the chance call 325-SEAT or get over to the Spokane Arena box office. This is your chance.

Sorry, moderators, I meant to post this on the tickets and travel thread and I don't know how to get it over there, unless I post the identical topic??

jbslicer
12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Show up with cash at the Arena to avoid getting hosed on the convenience charges.

HOOTER
12-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Sweet. I checked online and noticed the cheep seats were $65. I don't remember paying that much for arena games in the past, especially cheep seats. Is this really what their charging per ticket?

Jakester425
12-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Sweet. I checked online and noticed the cheep seats were $65. I don't remember paying that much for arena games in the past, especially cheep seats. Is this really what their charging per ticket?

Yeah I'm pretty sure I paid $45 a piece last year. It's funny that the economy gets worse and ticket prices get higher.

vandalzag
12-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Hopefully the high prices do not cause empty seats, since this game is supposed to raise money for a good cause. I can remember paying 75 for floor seats not long ago. Sitting top level in the arena is not conducive to good basketball viewing. I like the intent of getting more fans, but the price could be better knowing the current economic climate.

sullyzag66
12-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Hopefully the high prices do not cause empty seats, since this game is supposed to raise money for a good cause. I can remember paying 75 for floor seats not long ago. Sitting top level in the arena is not conducive to good basketball viewing. I like the intent of getting more fans, but the price could be better knowing the current economic climate.
Empty seats are already an issue at Key Arena for the BIS. They crossed the threshold for me this year.

vandalzag
12-11-2009, 09:05 AM
BIS empty seats would also be related to the team GU is playing. This game is silly period. Davidson had a great run 2 years ago. Last year flamed out in the NIT. Idaho or Montana would offer a better contest than Davidson. Paying premium prices to watch this game makes no sense. The promoter for this made a big mistake, must not have read that Curry went to the NBA. I would guess that GU would not be playing this years addition if they were not under contract.

Drew
12-11-2009, 09:10 AM
I ran into several locals in Maui that couldn't afford to go, as tickets went from $40 per game to $75. Of course their biggest complaint was that the increase was during a recession.

It was definately a sticker shock for me. When I was in Anchorage 2 years ago, it was $175 for all 12 games (reserved seats). For Maui this year, we went to 3 games for $225 (general admission).

HOOTER
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Hopefully the high prices do not cause empty seats, since this game is supposed to raise money for a good cause.

I actually hope it does. I'm sick of people lining their pockets under the guise of a "good cause". Maybe a bunch of empty seats will make them think twice next time they try to drastically inflate ticket prices. I'd like to see a packed house for Gonzaga's sake, but jacking prices during a recession is absolute stupidity, even (especially) if it's for a good cause.