PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Non Big Six

ZagMan in Philly
12-10-2009, 06:54 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=jn-conf121009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Not much too say about the Zags last night, except, I hope Bouldin is A OK!

Did not see the game between New Mexico and San Diego last night, but the Lobos are still undefeated. Anyone saw that game? Wish SD would have won!

What about Wall of Kentucky? He was amazing last night. Put his team on his shoulder, and made all the shots at the end of the game. He reminded me of the young Iverson. He is definitely one and done.

A week from this saturday, can not wait. Hope the Zags will take care of business in Seattle and get themselves ready for a good showing against the Dookies. I will be in section 93...if you see me with my two boys...please say Hi! :)

Go Zags!

LynetteG
12-10-2009, 07:55 AM
This was also posted underneath the non-Big 6 rankings:

RISING

St. Mary’s – Could this Gaels’ squad be better than the 2008-09 team that featured NBA draft pick Patrick Mills? Possibly. St. Mary’s has already snapped Utah State’s 37-game home winning streak and whipped a San Diego State team that was supposed to be a force. St. Mary’s only loss was a 72-70 setback against Vanderbilt. Omar Samhan is averaging 19.6 points, 12.3 rebounds and 2.1 blocks.

FALLING

Butler – The Bulldogs are still a very good team, but that might not matter come March. Brad Stevens’ squad has lost all of its marquee games, with the latest defeat coming against Georgetown on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden. Golden opportunities still remain against Xavier and Ohio State before Horizon League play begins.

primal23
12-10-2009, 08:06 AM
This was also posted underneath the non-Big 6 rankings:

RISING

St. Mary’s – Could this Gaels’ squad be better than the 2008-09 team that featured NBA draft pick Patrick Mills? Possibly. St. Mary’s has already snapped Utah State’s 37-game home winning streak and whipped a San Diego State team that was supposed to be a force. St. Mary’s only loss was a 72-70 setback against Vanderbilt. Omar Samhan is averaging 19.6 points, 12.3 rebounds and 2.1 blocks.

FALLING

Butler – The Bulldogs are still a very good team, but that might not matter come March. Brad Stevens’ squad has lost all of its marquee games, with the latest defeat coming against Georgetown on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden. Golden opportunities still remain against Xavier and Ohio State before Horizon League play begins.

My only thing with SMC is that, saying that they are possibly better based on Utah state and san diego state? Come on, they are ok teams, but only ok not great, now if they have a good showing against a decent team, who they really don't play until GU, I will sing a different tune.

webspinnre
12-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Don't undersell SMC - they're playing hard, and look to be very solid. Whatever we might think of Samhan, he's been playing very well. Yes we should beat them, but it should be another good series come conference play.