PDA

View Full Version : ---GUnit of the Game--- Augustana 12-09-09

gozagswoohoo
12-09-2009, 06:58 PM
While some don't think these types of games aren't quite as exciting, I really enjoy them just to get to see some of our bench for extended lengths of play.

Who's your GUnit?

rawkmandale
12-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Steven Gray for the starters - Grant Gibbs or Manny Arop for the reserves.

MickMick
12-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I thought the best overall performer was Arop.

DoggieDogpound
12-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Manny Arop - have to really like his game and personality.

GU69
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Pretty tough with this game .. everybody played about the same.

I liked Arop's rebounding, but I'm voting for Gibbs because I liked his passing.

Birddog
12-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Gibbs, looks like he belongs out there.

Ziggy
12-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm voting for Kong because he was fully involved on offense:shooting threes, passing and driving to the hoop on defense: on his man, hands up, and rebounding. That's what we were hoping for. Good job by the bench, all around. Loved seeing the positive attitude by Andy; smiling after finishing at the rim on the sharp pass from Grant.

kitzbuel
12-09-2009, 07:38 PM
I am voting for the crowd because most of them stuck around for the whole game. At least I could channel flip during commercials.

2wiceright
12-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm voting for Kong because he was fully involved on offense:shooting threes, passing and driving to the hoop on defense: on his man, hands up, and rebounding. That's what we were hoping for. Good job by the bench, all around. Loved seeing the positive attitude by Andy; smiling after finishing at the rim on the sharp pass from Grant.

+1
voting for Kong for all the same reasons. Of the other reserves both Arop and Gibbs stood out and played more relaxed (but w/ intensity).

westside-zagfan
12-09-2009, 08:16 PM
I gave it to kong. He is giving what many of us complained the zags didnt have, which is offense off the bench. During the Maui a lot of us worried that bouldin and gray would be required to play 40 minutes to win games because we had no suitable backup to give them a breather. Bol Kong must read this board because he has come in with a nose for the ball and he is not affraid to let it fly. His defense is also improving which is another plus. He took a charge tonight which means his hustle is up a notch as well. Like all games i can never decide on one guy, but if forced too, I'm handing the honor to Senor Kong..

NotoriousZ
12-09-2009, 10:05 PM
I went with Arop, his rebounding is incredible and he's going to be a scoring machine. Gibbs is doing great, nice to have another ball handler off the bench (who can shoot also). Bol is just so smooth on offense, and if he keeps working on his footwork...look out.

Kudos to Few for this break in the schedule. We got some great minutes for the bench and some needed rest for the starters.

P.S. Gray was awesome.

HillBillyZag
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Watch and see, Gibbs will start next season and be the floor general of that team.

whatazag
12-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Am I the only one that thought Arop and Gibbs looked much faster than remembered/expected the couple times they brought the ball up the court in this game? It is nice having pretty much everyone in our top 10 players besides Sacre able to bring it up the court.

gozagswoohoo
12-10-2009, 06:04 AM
I voted for Gibbs, I just LOVE his game. He has an incredible court sense. I love watching him play.

HOOTER
12-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Da bench? They received significant minutes, as expected, and performed wonderfully. Any surprise our young bench is better than Augustana's starters? I think they deserve GUnit together.

cjm720
12-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Kong...showed why he's been hyped. That first step move towards the baseline was explosive....3 more years. Yahoo!!!!

Grant Gibbs played great as well....actually nice to see a PG make an assist...he just calms the court down compared to Meech and GJ...nice to have the depth, but looking to see GG get more and more time.

go zags!!!

Shanachie
12-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Arop for 7 rebounds and 4-4 from the line.

77Zag
12-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm seeing a raw version of Blake Stepp -- work in progress yes, but a very large upside.