PDA

View Full Version : Music in the Kennel?

kazzag
12-09-2009, 02:03 PM
What songs have you heard in the kennel this year? I want to make my mom a cd for x-mas with all the songs. I know the Kerncraft song, but do you know the other artist and songs? I will try and write down lyrics tonight at the game, but if you know any I would appreciate it. Go Zags
Kyle

77Zag
12-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Thunder -- AC/DC

ZagNative
12-09-2009, 02:36 PM
A chance to watch my favorite on YouTube right now. Black Eyed Peas, "I Gotta Feeling (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcOFN_VBVo)!" They played that the last game I was able to attend.

I scored some tickets for tonight and hope I hear it again!

rijman
12-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Thunder -- AC/DC

That's a good one. Even watching on TV it gets me pumped up because it gets the crowd going right before the game starts.

zagmantis2001
12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Celebration by Kool and the Gang at the end of the game when they win.

Some Dave Matthew's song at the end of the game when they lose. Leave that one off the tape.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=youtube_gdata) always get me super pumped when I hear it bumpin' in the Kennel!

Sorry... had to do it!

Tmac5360
12-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Tonight's gonna be a good night. I don't know who sings it or even if that's what it's called but that is the chorus.

MBZags
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Tonight's gonna be a good night. I don't know who sings it or even if that's what it's called but that is the chorus.

It's "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas, which ZN linked above.:)

zag944
12-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Thunder -- AC/DC

I absolutely hate this pre tip off, since a certain NBA team does the same thing and it fills me with hatred.

When I was there it was "Zombie Nation" then "Bring 'em Out" pre tip off.

I really hope "Zombie Nation" is still there before every game.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=youtube_gdata) always get me super pumped when I hear it bumpin' in the Kennel!

Sorry... had to do it!

well played sir.

alaskazagnut
12-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't like the gangsta rap they play before the games across the entire campus inside the Kennel and outside. I have an open mind but most of it is inappropriate for kids under 14. IMO.

That is my opinion and I really do like some rap and hip hop. But some of the song choices need to stop. I will refuse to let my 11 year old daughter be exposed to some of that and actually file a complaint. Some of it is uncensored. Poor DJ'ing.

mendiant
12-09-2009, 09:16 PM
What songs have you heard in the kennel this year? I want to make my mom a cd for x-mas with all the songs. I know the Kerncraft song, but do you know the other artist and songs? I will try and write down lyrics tonight at the game, but if you know any I would appreciate it. Go Zags
Kyle

Pre-game..no you don't want to send this list to your dear Mom....

Number of bleep bleeps in the charming rap that is featured pre-game.

Lots opf mother ----- etc.

Sad really.

Don't know the names of the "songs" since they are not my genre...

Might suggest a Johnny Mathis Christmas album instead....seriously.

love,
mendiant

PS Half time "entertainmant" was once again seriously ####ty from a local "dance team".

I guess this is "big time".

SpokastSports
12-09-2009, 10:11 PM
CLASSIC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIDrtVE5zUY)

SpokastSports
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Most music is sort of pushing the limits. Going back to Elvis' pelvic sways. It's not just "gangster rap" and actually I've noticed that the Kennel does play mostly censored music (AKA songs that don't meet the Parental Advisory bar). Listen to some of today's pop music (actually I don't wish that on anyone), there's far worse.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-10-2009, 02:06 PM
freeze, by t-pain and chris brown is a good butt movin song.... they played it yesterday. Also im fairly certain that they play the rougher rap music for the players while they are shooting around, then 30 minutes before game time they play stuff that is not so abrasive.

And I am fine with that, if i am a player, im sorry but getting ready for a game and having Kenny Chesney playing in the back ground would make me shoot myself. You have to have something with a little bounce to it and I am certain the players all feel the same.

75Zag
12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I thought this thread was going to be asking for our suggestions on what they should have for music in K2.

I was going to suggest BobZ, Angelo and GoZags singing some lite opera, perhaps Gilbert and Sullivan's "3 Little Maids from School".

I will buy the costumes.

Oh to dream.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

zagthunder
12-10-2009, 09:48 PM
This year they seem to be playing "Jump On It" by Sir Mix-A-Lot often. Also, they used to play "Bring 'Em Out" by T.I. right before tip-off (that stopped after Pendo's class graduated; you may just not want your mom to learn the lyrics). The music behind the opening film that premiered during Kraziness in the Kennel last year is great; it's Requiem for a Tower, Movement 2 and then Movement 4 (in that order; Corner Stone Cues is the artist listed for those).

MontanaZag
12-11-2009, 04:57 AM
freeze, by t-pain and chris brown is a good butt movin song.... they played it yesterday. Also im fairly certain that they play the rougher rap music for the players while they are shooting around, then 30 minutes before game time they play stuff that is not so abrasive.

And I am fine with that, if i am a player, im sorry but getting ready for a game and having Kenny Chesney playing in the back ground would make me shoot myself. You have to have something with a little bounce to it and I am certain the players all feel the same.

Great Post, whats important is that the PLAYERS are in to the music, and whether some like it or not, Hip Hop is THE music of choice of the younger basketball generation. Playing basketball is what got me into hip-hop, the energy of the music relates to the basketball floor very well. As long as what plays gets them and the students(the ones who actually "cheer") fired up, thats all that matters.

gamagin
12-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I thought this thread was going to be asking for our suggestions on what they should have for music in K2. I was going to suggest BobZ, Angelo and GoZags singing some lite opera, perhaps Gilbert and Sullivan's "3 Little Maids from School". I will buy the costumes. Oh to dream. Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

the accordian. Myron Floren. Sends shivers up my spine just thinking about it.

kazzag
12-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Pargo and Montana I completely agree. I wasn't looking for criticism on the music, I could care less about the opinions people have on what is played. They are probably the same ones who cringe at the black jerseys because it isn't a traditional GU color. Oh well. Thanks to everyone who posted actual songs played in the Kennel. My mom will be very excited when I give her the CD. She loves that the music pumps up the team and gets most of the fans on their feet.

NotoriousZ
12-11-2009, 10:21 AM

Sorry... had to do it!

I just knew I was gonna get RickRoll'd but I couldn't stop myself from clicking on it...damn you CZ!

HillBillyZag
12-11-2009, 10:26 AM
For myself, the music is incidental, I come to watch Gonzaga basketball and if the music is within the law and the kids like it, good for them. I do however look forward to the day when that NCAA Title Banner is raised and Sister Sledge's "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS" rings out in K2.

BobZag
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
For myself, the music is incidental, I come to watch Gonzaga basketball and if the music is within the law and the kids like it, good for them. I do however look forward to the day when that NCAA Title Banner is raised and Sister Sledge's "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS" rings out in K2.

I think you mean Queen. Not Sister Sledge. They sang "We are family." I'm sure Postplayer would know that. ;)

I did hear Elton John singing "Saturday night's all right for fighting" before the Wake game. First time I ever heard that in K2. Tom Petty also sings "Running down a dream."

a13coach
12-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I think you mean Queen. Not Sister Sledge. They sang "We are family." I'm sure Postplayer would know that. ;)

I did hear Elton John singing "Saturday night's all right for fighting" before the Wake game. First time I ever heard that in K2. Tom Petty also sings "Running down a dream."

My boys love that song, but they sing "Running down the DRAIN." :D