• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GSL-KID
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Why Not Play Whitworth ???

I would say if you are going to play a D-3 school, play Dub-Worth.

The Whitties have played these guys a year or two in the 2nd rnd of the D3 playoffs.

They did go down and play Utah every year back when Big Rick was in charge of the Utes.

Come on Mark, don't Pull a Romar play the Pirates
  • GoZAGsMang
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

I forget do we have a rivalry with Whitworth?

Have we dodged Whitworth?

Are we afraid of Whitworth?

Did we dirty recruit potential Whitworth athletes?

Is GU vs Whitworth a game the nation craves?

Do Whitworth fans make the "diamond simpson symbol" everytime they see Few?

Come on Mang.....whats next if dont play Joel E. Ferris we are "pullin a Romar"

I hear Sacajawea Jr High proposed a 3 game series vs GU with all neutral courts- the first game being at a Lewis and Clark, the second game at Jefferson elementary and the final game at Hutton.

While its debateable that those are really neutral courts -it does make about as much sense as playing Whitworth because somebody said Few was "Romaring" it.

GoZAGsMang

Comment

• bigparb
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZAGsMang View Post
      Have we dodged Whitworth?

Are we afraid of Whitworth?

Did we dirty recruit potential Whitworth athletes?

Is GU vs Whitworth a game the nation craves?

Do Whitworth fans make the "diamond simpson symbol" everytime they see Few?

Come on Mang.....whats next if dont play Joel E. Ferris we are "pullin a Romar"

I hear Sacajawea Jr High proposed a 3 game series vs GU with all neutral courts- the first game being at a Lewis and Clark, the second game at Jefferson elementary and the final game at Hutton.

While its debateable that those are really neutral courts -it does make about as much sense as playing Whitworth because somebody said Few was "Romaring" it.

GoZAGsMang
      all I heard here was blahblahblalhahablahaah.....though the neutral court stuff with Sac was funny...no offense GZM...

that said, if Da Zags are going to play a D3 team--which they shouldn't , why not play the one in their own back yard?? I know Ray G or someone has some sort of connection to this program/coach, but a D3 exhibition game in the middle of the non-con??...Doesn't make much sense....

hard to imagine that back in the early to mid-90's it was as easy to watch GU play as it was to watch the Pirates.....of course, in 95/96 Da Bucs did play for the NAIA national championship that year down in Nampa---lost an overtime thriller to Albertson College I believe....might have been a tougher ticket that year!!

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
        Bleeds Bulldog Blue
        • Feb 2007

Must be because we like Lutherans better than Prebyterians.
        You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• 1973Zag
          Kennel Club
          • Feb 2007

chance to punish Martin Luther?

seriously, didn't someone back out at last minute and we needed to fill the spot?

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2008

If the Staff is intersted in playing my old intramural team, we're also available. We'll do a home and home - one game in K2 and one in the fitness center.
            What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
              Administrator
              • Apr 2009

Romance and Whitworth Basketball

Ahhh...Whitworth. I gave my heart to a Whitworth girl. She invited me to a Whitworth basketball game as our first date. Any woman who invites a guy to a college basketball game for a first date is a keeper, especially if she's as beautiful as she was.

Our relationship tragically ended with my injuries - both physical and spiritual. She left me for a rodeo guy. He was manlier and had a bigger truck than me. I then tried to prove my manliness to her by riding the mechanical bull at some country bar. Fortunately, my concussion was a minor one. She broke my heart and I damn near cracked my skull to get her back.

L'amour...
              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Ezag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                Ahhh...Whitworth. I gave my heart to a Whitworth girl. She invited me to a Whitworth basketball game as our first date. Any woman who invites a guy to a college basketball game for a first date is a keeper, especially if she's as beautiful as she was.

Our relationship tragically ended with my injuries - both physical and spiritual. She left me for a rodeo guy. He was manlier and had a bigger truck than me. I then tried to prove my manliness to her by riding the mechanical bull at some country bar. Fortunately, my concussion was a minor one. She broke my heart and I damn near cracked my skull to get her back.

L'amour...
                .....as tragic as a Shakespeare play...

Comment

• a13coach
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ezag View Post
                  .....as tragic as a Shakespeare play...
                  Naw, if it was as a Billie Shake's play MCMM would have died from injuries sustained on the bull after fair maiden had taken all his money and tarnished his family's name.
                  There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
                  Those who understand binary and those who do not.
                  "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO
                  sigpic
                  E .· ` ' / ·. F
                  The FOO fuels me.

Comment

• kjstoph1
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Sac plays better D than Augustana.

Comment

Working...
                    X