PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Play Whitworth ???

GSL-KID
12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I would say if you are going to play a D-3 school, play Dub-Worth. :)

The Whitties have played these guys a year or two in the 2nd rnd of the D3 playoffs.

They did go down and play Utah every year back when Big Rick was in charge of the Utes.

Come on Mark, don't Pull a Romar play the Pirates :) :) :)

GoZAGsMang
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Have we dodged Whitworth?

Are we afraid of Whitworth?

Did we dirty recruit potential Whitworth athletes?

Is GU vs Whitworth a game the nation craves?

Do Whitworth fans make the "diamond simpson symbol" everytime they see Few?

Come on Mang.....whats next if dont play Joel E. Ferris we are "pullin a Romar"

I hear Sacajawea Jr High proposed a 3 game series vs GU with all neutral courts- the first game being at a Lewis and Clark, the second game at Jefferson elementary and the final game at Hutton.

While its debateable that those are really neutral courts -it does make about as much sense as playing Whitworth because somebody said Few was "Romaring" it.

GoZAGsMang

bigparb
12-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Have we dodged Whitworth?

Are we afraid of Whitworth?

Did we dirty recruit potential Whitworth athletes?

Is GU vs Whitworth a game the nation craves?

Do Whitworth fans make the "diamond simpson symbol" everytime they see Few?

Come on Mang.....whats next if dont play Joel E. Ferris we are "pullin a Romar"

I hear Sacajawea Jr High proposed a 3 game series vs GU with all neutral courts- the first game being at a Lewis and Clark, the second game at Jefferson elementary and the final game at Hutton.

While its debateable that those are really neutral courts -it does make about as much sense as playing Whitworth because somebody said Few was "Romaring" it.

GoZAGsMang

all I heard here was blahblahblalhahablahaah.....though the neutral court stuff with Sac was funny...no offense GZM...

that said, if Da Zags are going to play a D3 team--which they shouldn't , why not play the one in their own back yard?? I know Ray G or someone has some sort of connection to this program/coach, but a D3 exhibition game in the middle of the non-con??...Doesn't make much sense....

hard to imagine that back in the early to mid-90's it was as easy to watch GU play as it was to watch the Pirates.....of course, in 95/96 Da Bucs did play for the NAIA national championship that year down in Nampa---lost an overtime thriller to Albertson College I believe....might have been a tougher ticket that year!!

:)

Angelo Roncalli
12-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Must be because we like Lutherans better than Prebyterians. :)

1973Zag
12-09-2009, 01:49 PM
chance to punish Martin Luther?

seriously, didn't someone back out at last minute and we needed to fill the spot?

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-09-2009, 01:54 PM
If the Staff is intersted in playing my old intramural team, we're also available. We'll do a home and home - one game in K2 and one in the fitness center.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Ahhh...Whitworth. I gave my heart to a Whitworth girl. She invited me to a Whitworth basketball game as our first date. Any woman who invites a guy to a college basketball game for a first date is a keeper, especially if she's as beautiful as she was.

Our relationship tragically ended with my injuries - both physical and spiritual. She left me for a rodeo guy. He was manlier and had a bigger truck than me. I then tried to prove my manliness to her by riding the mechanical bull at some country bar. Fortunately, my concussion was a minor one. She broke my heart and I damn near cracked my skull to get her back.

L'amour...

Ezag
12-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Ahhh...Whitworth. I gave my heart to a Whitworth girl. She invited me to a Whitworth basketball game as our first date. Any woman who invites a guy to a college basketball game for a first date is a keeper, especially if she's as beautiful as she was.

Our relationship tragically ended with my injuries - both physical and spiritual. She left me for a rodeo guy. He was manlier and had a bigger truck than me. I then tried to prove my manliness to her by riding the mechanical bull at some country bar. Fortunately, my concussion was a minor one. She broke my heart and I damn near cracked my skull to get her back.

L'amour...

.....as tragic as a Shakespeare play...

a13coach
12-10-2009, 07:10 AM
.....as tragic as a Shakespeare play...

Naw, if it was as a Billie Shake's play MCMM would have died from injuries sustained on the bull after fair maiden had taken all his money and tarnished his family's name. :)

kjstoph1
12-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Sac plays better D than Augustana.