PDA

View Full Version : Game Prediction: Zags vs Augustana

Kiddwell
12-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Bulldogs --115
Augie Doggie & Doggie Daddy -- 55

Yes, we will obliterate them. But kindly, compassionately. (After all, we like Augustana, and Augustana is excited about being in Zagville playing America's Team.)

:]

SWZag
12-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I don't quite see the 60 point win like you do, Kiddwell, but I do see a healthy 40 point win.

92 - 52

Zag4Hire
12-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I think there will be some perimeter defensive lapses that will allow for some good looks from deep and that point where they are up by 20+ where you try to do too much or get too fancy to make this closer than it appears on paper. I really hope Few treats this like a preseason NFL game: Get your starters in for some window dressing and tune up and get them out. Last thing this team needs is Matty or Sacre twisting an ankle. I am hoping for some extensive PT for Big Will/Gibbs/GJ. I will guess at a solid victory but not a monster blowout.

GU 91
Aug 66

zag69
12-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Gray will score 15, mostly on 3s and short jumpers, silencing board critics for 15 minutes or so.

GU 94
Aug 54

Xin Loi 67
12-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Everybody plays and long looks will be taken.

UberZagFan
12-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Da Zags 135
Vikings 57

If Matty B runs the point, Arop starts, Bol plays a ton of minutes, KO stays out of the post, Sac stays in it, and Harris keeps his elbows to himself: Zags 155 Vikings 33.

HillBillyZag
12-09-2009, 08:18 AM
This will be a learning game and we will see several different new lineups. So at times the play will be erratic. I predict Zags 83 Augustana 61.

Timeout!
12-09-2009, 08:19 AM
We'll lose the tip, but win the game.

upan8th
12-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I see that Michigan St eased by a couple of Southern Conference powerhouses (the Citadel and Wofford) last week by 12 and 13 pts respectively. Don't know what's up w/that, but guessing Issel isn't too pleased with those results and the Sparties are into their fifth straight day of sprints.

I'd like to see that happen tonight with GU. Would that the Augies connect on their first 10 three pointers, and are up by eight at the break. The Kennel is stunned into near silence and yes, a few timid boos are heard. Then, since the Augies score only 8 pts in the paint in the first half, the Zags go to a fierce [I]extended zone to open the second half and hold the Vikings sharpshooters to a mere 6 for 15 on threes (but unfortunately fouling on 3 of the attempts) and ZERO pts in the paint. Coach Few, disgusted with his starters' strange apathy, watches grimly as a lineup of Vilarino, Gibbs, Olynek, Kong, and Arop steadily whittles down 'Stana's lead and, on Arop's put-back rebound dunk, win it at the buzzer 68-67. Coach Few's reaction to the W is muted. "We're gonna run that zone until one of two things happen: They die or we get it right," he growls through a frown so fierce that a cheerleader, watching close by, faints dead away.

This would be a good thing. For the team and this board, which would erupt, of course, in a fury of postgame (to borrow a phrase) fear and loathing. And a good time would be had by all.;)

primal23
12-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Gonzaga gets behind big in the first half, and uses a late second half run to come back. Tight game throughout..... oops got stuck in the usual mold of games, umm.....

GU 95
Augustana 60

Scottie
12-09-2009, 09:08 AM
This will be a learning game and we will see several different new lineups. So at times the play will be erratic. I predict Zags 83 Augustana 61.

Very little to learn in this game - Auggie shouldn't score 40 if the Zags actually try to play basketball. Heck, if the Zags commit to playing D for 40 minutes they could hold Auggie under 30.

I did my undergrad at a college just south of Auggie - we were also D3 but didn't play in the same conference although we played them in non-conference a lot. Most D3 mens hoops teams have nary a player taller than 6-8, if that. The ones that are that tall are no where near talented enough to match-up with anything GU has inside. Gonzaga's walk-ons would be stars in D3. That's not a slam on D3 sports, I think they are great, but there will be nothing even remotely competitive about this game and I seriously doubt Gonzaga will learn a thing.

I don't even know if this could be called a glorified scrimmage.

lothar98zag
12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
We'll lose the tip, but win the game.
lol

I'm not going to predict anything, but I'll list what I want to occur tonight:

1 - GU win
2 - Nobody gets hurt
3 - No Zag plays over 25 minutes

...and this last one is for 229Sinto:

4 - K2 is half full (at best) because many of the season ticket holders realize it's a joke that this game was scheduled as anything but an exhibition and decide they have better things to do - like clip their finger nails or clean their bathrooms...

Zag4Hire
12-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Lopsided Competition + Heister/Ehlo = Uncomfortable and Incorrect Banter

Anybody in?

Over/Under
1)Heister Mentions 'Jordan/Ehlo' Moment = 0.5 (Kinda tricky because they have toned that one down since last season)
2) H+E have fun with Kong's last name = 1.5
3) Mention Harris Getting Tossed = 7.5
4) Ehlo Attempts German and Fails = 0.5
5) H+E Try To Dissect a Charge Foul = 1.5
6) Heister Goes Nuts on a GU Dunk = 3.5
7) Heister and Ehlo Discuss Shoveling Snow = 0.5

And the Wildcard..

8) Promos for 31st Senior Open at the Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish, Washington = 2.5

I will take
1) Over
2) Under
3) Under
4) Over
5) Under
6) Under
7) Over
8) Over

Ekrub
12-09-2009, 09:54 AM

Anybody in?

Over/Under
1)Heister Mentions 'Jordan/Ehlo' Moment = 0.5 (Kinda tricky because they have toned that one down since last season)

And the Wildcard..

8) Promos for 31st Senior Open at the Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish, Washington = 2.5

I will take
1) Over
2) Under
3) Under
4) Over
5) Under
6) Under
7) Over
8) Over

Don't forget:

Heister mentioning what Will Fosters favorite food is = 0.5
Ehlo explains what a block vs. charge is to Heister = 3.5

sonuvazag
12-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Anybody in?

Over/Under

And the Wildcard..

I will take
1) Over
2) Under
3) Under
4) Over
5) Under
6) Under
7) Over
8) Over

That's very similar to a drinking game I was looking to bring to market.

1973Zag
12-09-2009, 11:18 AM
I predict the final score will be whatever Mark Few wants it to be! Wisconsin played them last season I think--pre-season, used mostly frosh. and subs and won handily

dim4sum
12-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I predict Eihlo will spend all of the first half and part of the intermission explaining what a matchup zone is. There will be no play by play call by Heister because Eihlo will tie him to the bench and gag him.
The second half will consist of a telephone interview with Don Munson with closed captioning so that no one can even see the game. Just before the final buzzer Heister breaks free and unleashes a volley of profanity in
his native Tlingit. No one will know the final score until the early edition of the Spokesman Review tomorrow.

1973Zag
12-09-2009, 01:57 PM
dim---does that mean those of us in central time zone will know before you in Spokane do, since our papers will come 2 hrs. sooner?

NovaZag
12-09-2009, 02:03 PM
This game is over early. Heister and Eihlo become disinterested and start discusssing Saturday morning cartoons.

NotoriousZ
12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
dim---does that mean those of us in central time zone will know before you in Spokane do, since our papers will come 2 hrs. sooner?

That sound like a question for woohoo. Speaking of which, I don't think I received the official woohoo greeting last year. :(

Extremely frustrated and ready to play Zags team: 104
Unfortunate DIII team: not a significant amount

75Zag
12-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Due in part to my love of sports betting (if it were legal), I normally want GU to keep the hammer down to the bitter end. But hopefully tonight Coach Few and the GU team will not embarrass the Augustana folks. I really don't understand the thinking that caused a top 25 team like GU to bring in a D-III team in December, but whatever the reason we are playing them, I hope there are no injuries and everyone goes home with their head held high.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!