PDA

View Full Version : Zag Fans Getting To Seattle

ID ZAGFAN
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
The real question is will Zag fans be able to get to Seattle--and back? :confused:

The S-R and others are predicting a foot of snow--maybe--Saturday and Sunday. We are going over Friday, but may not be able to get back Sunday as planned. We had a real nightmare going last year :( --took the train--it was 10 hours late getting to Seattle--luckily we went on Friday--and was totally cancelled on Sunday, so we got the last rental car available and drove over White Pass, getting back a day and a half later than planned. We won't do that again!

ID ZAGFAN

hondo
12-08-2009, 01:09 PM
We should all just get to Seattle for the game and then worry about getting back. We really don't have to get back until the 28th and if you have to go through New York to get back to Spokane that's OK if you can stop in NYC on the 19th. Just be back for the Eastern game.

Zagpower
12-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Good luck, all. Last year, I thought I was outsmarting everyone in taking Amtrak to the BIS.

Besides the 10 hours late, the train had lost most of it's power, only a few working toilets, the train had completely run out of food, and Amtrak disconnected the Lounge car before leaving Spokane.

I was supposed to get back the day after the game but was stranded in Seattle for several days including a couple extra when I showed up for my booked return trip only to find out that Amtak had disconnected one car (mine) and didn't think that warranted a phone call or notification of any sort.

I always thought that train travel would be relaxing and predictable..:lmao:

Had we beat Uconn, it would have been worth it.

ID ZAGFAN
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Good luck, all. Last year, I thought I was outsmarting everyone in taking Amtrak to the BIS.

Besides the 10 hours late, the train had lost most of it's power, only a few working toilets, the train had completely run out of food, and Amtrak disconnected the Lounge car before leaving Spokane.

I was supposed to get back the day after the game but was stranded in Seattle for several days including a couple extra when I showed up for my booked return trip only to find out that Amtak had disconnected one car (mine) and didn't think that warranted a phone call or notification of any sort.

I always thought that train travel would be relaxing and predictable..:lmao:

Had we beat Uconn, it would have been worth it.

I had repressed that part of the trip---the food and stuff! Did you get the Dinty Moore-type beef stew served over rice? A carb-loader's dream! :(

Too bad we didn't know you were stranded, you could have ridden back with us in the last rental car available. :D We had guests coming for Christmas, so we had to get back.

I will say that Amtrak did refund our money for the return trip---that was the only good thing about it.

ID ZAGFAN

TheMorrisonIsBack
12-08-2009, 02:55 PM
I'll wave to you all from the sky as I fly in my Bombardier flown by Alaskan.

hondo
12-08-2009, 03:51 PM
We didn't worry about our way back, we didn't have snow tires, we had no place to stay, we had to go into Dick Motta's office and beg for tickets to the sold out game in Ogden but we borrowed a car and off we went in the winter of 1967. ElVoce can testify that our seats were bad at Weber State so Hank Anderson let us sit on the bench with the team. Sometimes half the fun is just getting there and getting in.
Only so many games will be played in your lifetime, my advice is to see as many as possible.

ID ZAGFAN
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
We didn't worry about our way back, we didn't have snow tires, we had no place to stay, we had to go into Dick Motta's office and beg for tickets to the sold out game in Ogden but we borrowed a car and off we went in the winter of 1967. ElVoce can testify that our seats were bad at Weber State so Hank Anderson let us sit on the bench with the team. Sometimes half the fun is just getting there and getting in.
Only so many games will be played in your lifetime, my advice is to see as many as possible.

I could have done it. In fact I did do it, driving cheerleaders to Manual High School (Denver) basketball games, football games, track meets, etc. all along the Front Range, including through some of Colorado's infamous snow storms.

One memorable trip, I thought the cheerleaders and I were going to have to find a motel at the bottom of Monument Hill. A 2 hour trip took 8 hours. :)

I think I might be a little wiser now. I let my husband do the driving through the snow storms. ;)

ID ZAGFAN

gamagin
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM

thanks. Did you or El Voce get to play ?

go TEAM Zags !

El Voce
12-08-2009, 05:30 PM
thanks. Did you or El Voce get to play ?

go TEAM Zags !

No. Our eligibility is still intact.

kitzbuel
12-08-2009, 05:35 PM
No. Our eligibility is still intact.
Those have to be some awfully faded red shirts.