PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking we can expect alot more Arop and Kong.

MickMick
12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Of course others will sacrfice time for it.

I expect Gray and KO (as well as some other bench players) will be the ones giving up a little more time.

Not a knock at all on those two as they have been very valuable contributers. But Few will find time for Arop and Kong because he needs those two to play bigger roles for the Zags to reach maximum potential.
That second half lineup against Wake wasn't an accident. The Zags were behind and Few was trying to win.

Vilarino seems further away and naturally it should. Point guard is one of the most difficult positions to master. Remember Ravio and Pargo as freshman? Even more reason why I'm awe struck at the level that Blake Stepp came in at.

Bouldin4Prez
12-07-2009, 05:18 PM
You say that second half wasn't an accident yet Gray and KO were in the game during that run. The line-up was Bouldin, Gray, Arop, Kong, and KO.

MickMick
12-07-2009, 05:22 PM
You say that second half wasn't an accident yet Gray and KO were in the game during that run. The line-up was Bouldin, Gray, Arop, Kong, and KO.

You are absolutely right. I still think that Rob, Matt, and Elias will not lose time for Arop and Kong. I think that KO starts taking more time from Rob with respect to foul situations.

Bouldin4Prez
12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Im thinking you meant meech :)

I think Kong and Arop will be much more situational players than you think because they still have big things to work on their game. I actually like it when Meech is out of the game because it allows for the floor to seem much more spread. Few might just go with a smaller line-up more like he did against Wake to allow the guards to be able to penetrate more.

MickMick
12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Im thinking you meant meech :)

I think Kong and Arop will be much more situational players than you think because they still have big things to work on their game. I actually like it when Meech is out of the game because it allows for the floor to seem much more spread. Few might just go with a smaller line-up more like he did against Wake to allow the guards to be able to penetrate more.

If it were up to me, Goodson would play until he is gassed.

Bouldin4Prez
12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Well we are both entitled to our own opinions. I feel that there is a much better offensive flow while he is out of the game, instead of his herky jerky play. However, I also know for a fact that opposing PG scoring becomes a problem while he is out of the game. If he just works on a couple of things throughout this year and going into next year I think he will become a great offensive PG but as of now he's a little lacking for me. Defense is an A+ though.

MickMick
12-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Zags best performance of the season was against Wisconsin. I like the formula in that game, but I also believe the Few is going to somehow make time for Kong and Arop.

WallaWallaZag
12-07-2009, 05:55 PM
people keep saying playing time at the expense of someone or other...particularly gray. hey folks, both bouldin and gray are playing way too much. kong and arop NEED to play more to spell both bouldin and gray...it shouldn't be -- at the expense of.

edited to add: gg might get some more run as well, particularly for bouldin...

CDC84
12-07-2009, 09:07 PM
The area where GU really needs Kong and Arop is to sub for Gray and especially Bouldin. Matty is playing way too many minutes. He's going to hit a wall at some point. You can't play that hard for 40 minutes each game and not have it eventually effect your productivity.

WallaWallaZag
12-07-2009, 10:14 PM
a cross of barkley, jordan, and pippen?!?!?! i'm laughing just trying to picture that...don't think it's possible. how bout manny just evolves into d.wade??? i'm thinking that's a better comparison.

Ezag
12-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Not sure what you guys are all drinkin' but gimme some!

maynard g krebs
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I agree with Mal 100% here, and have since seeing him in Aug. Don't think he'll gain the 70 lbs needed to match up with the young Barkley in the post, though.

alldaye
12-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't like the Dwyane Wade comparison .

I agree. Definately not D-Wade. Not the quickness, passing or ball handling. The person that comes to mind is Gerald Wallace. Not a terrific comparison, but he rebounds really well for a SF, he can shoot and handle, with excellent hops. Wallace is a little taller though...Him and Ronnie Brewer would be the 2 that come to mind. Brewer had 10 boards yesterday. 6-7 sg, good defender, good hops.

jonesz
12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
I would like to see more of Grant Gibbs on the floor........I thought he was a key ingredient to the comeback against Wazzu. I like his toughness and would like to see more minutes for him.................

Thoughts??

sittingon50
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm a big Grant fan too. Hope he gets plenty of PT as time goes on.