PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten!

Godzilla
04-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Why is it that Gonzaga rarely plays a Big Ten team? If they even do play one it is usualy in the tourney. I think that they should play Ohio state, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Ok maybe not in one season, but one or two a season would help there strength of schedule. What do you think?

former1dog
04-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Godzilla,

I think if you look back over the last several seasons, Gonzaga has played at least one Big Ten team every year going back several years.

ZagManFan
04-17-2007, 01:26 PM
That pounding we took at Illinois still hurts.

Mich. St. in Maui and tourney

Indiana in tourney, twice and Maui once

I also think we played Minnesota in the tourney(Monson's last year)

Just some games that come to mind.

ZagNut08
04-17-2007, 02:02 PM
may play Michigan, I believe, in the GAS next year

VaBeachZAG
04-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Home and home (K2) scheduling is a major pet peeve of mine. If they won't do a home and home (which 1st tier Big Ten teams are not likely to do), forget them! That is why going forward you will probably only see Big Ten opponent matchups in the tourney or at some neutral site.

Gonzdb8
04-17-2007, 05:05 PM
as much as the beating by illinois hurt, i thought it made us a stronger team going forward that year. during the remaining OOC schedule we got big Ws against GA Tech, UW, and Ok. St. who i believe was ranked pretty high at the time. i don't think there is such thing as a good loss, but theres always something to learn from one.