PDA

View Full Version : Beam him up.

Xin Loi 67
12-06-2009, 07:41 AM
I would really like to know if this team has another plan. I need to see that spair part that goes in if Bouldin breaks. Reason only no jinx what-so-ever! I would venture to say he has played more minutes through eight games than any national program player to this point. Does anyone know how to check that?

His off-ball movement is rigorious and he handles the ball on 99.9% of the possessions, he's our top scorer, he's Few's legs, brain and heart on the court. I think Bob used it in a previous thread regarding Timmy's middle initial, he's our James T. Kirk of the Star Ship Zag.

I'm getting bored always writing about Matt T. Kirk, who else can the team depend on. Who's Spock?

I don't care how good of shape a player is in, you run him long enough he will get injured because of fatigue. I don't think Matt would ever ask for a sit down. As I said before, Matt is Few's brain, body and will out there and I know he would never ask for a sit down.

I don't care who Spock is disguised as, show yourself! No one here, will make fun of your pointy ears, we promise.

jazzdelmar
12-06-2009, 07:47 AM
god forfend...but if that does occur for any length of time few might just install gibbs as the point guard......

Xin Loi 67
12-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Is Gibbs your SPOCK?

jazzdelmar
12-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Is Gibbs your SPOCK?

i dont think we have a spock, wasnt that your gist? maybe he is doc

Xin Loi 67
12-06-2009, 08:07 AM
we're Doomed or does Few rest him when we're ahead 13 points? Sure it was my gist but I thought someone would come up with an idea, a plan. Maybe that person is Spock, well our Spock anyway.

Nevtelen
12-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Bouldin should see plenty of rest this week vs Augustana and Davidson and some weeks during conference play. In big games, I think he's going to be on the court for 38+ mins. Fatigue will be a big problem and I'm not sure there's a lot that can be done about it.

Ezag
12-06-2009, 08:31 AM
If Bouldin breaks we are doomed. He is our best shooter, best 3 point shooter, best free throw shooter, best ball handler, our best guard and our best point guard, and there is no one that can fill that void at the moment

Thomas_Sutpen
12-06-2009, 08:48 AM
1t Jawan Carter Delaware 39.0 ( 273/7 )
1t Michael Thompson Northwestern 39.0 ( 273/7 )
3 Bill Clark Duquesne 38.9 ( 311/8 )
5t Tasmin Mitchell LSU 38.2 ( 229/6 )
5t Matt Janning Northeastern 38.2 ( 229/6 )
7 Luke Babbitt Nevada 38.0 ( 228/6 )
8 Gerald McLemore Maine 37.7 ( 264/7 )
9 Matt Bouldin Gonzaga 37.4 ( 299/8 )
10 Will Walker DePaul 37.3 ( 261/7 )

http://philly.stats.com/cbk/leaders.asp?conf=000&stat=30

MedZag
12-06-2009, 09:41 AM
I must admit, I have quietly been a Bouldin skeptic in the past. That being said, he was absolutely Dickau-esque last night, which surprised me considering the length and athleticism of Wake. He maintains that level for the year and he's earned himself a first round contract.

FieldHouseFishHouse
12-06-2009, 09:44 AM
You are right that players can wear out, but I would be more worried about Goodson if he was getting 36+ min a game. Matt plays a different kind of game, he rarely goes to the deck, he rarely moves awkwardly or seems to be pushed to his physical limit, he plays under control in almost every way. Additionally, with Goodson and Gray flanking him, he tends to draw an easier defensive assignment.
In short, I think a player like Bouldin can log a lot of flight hours without getting injured.

Xin Loi 67
12-06-2009, 09:55 AM
http://philly.stats.com/cbk/leaders.asp?conf=000&stat=30

So of the top ten he has the second most total minutes played? Am I reading it right?

jazzdelmar
12-06-2009, 09:57 AM
I must admit, I have quietly been a Bouldin skeptic in the past. That being said, he was absolutely Dickau-esque last night, which surprised me considering the length and athleticism of Wake. He maintains that level for the year and he's earned himself a first round contract.

luv matty to death but not quite dickauesque....frankly, DDD wins that game....somehow......one more thing: the sinking feeling abt losing MB is kinda like when DDD was shining....but we alwys had that other guy, didnt we?

BobZag
12-06-2009, 10:11 AM
He might be a young Mr. Spock, still trying to cope with the emotions of being half-human, but Manny Arop sure looks like the real deal to me. But he needs time. Just a young Vulcan now.

If Matt is James T. Kirk, then Elias is Spock. But again, 20 years old or not, he's also a newbie who needs more time in Few's system.

We knew this youth stuff going in. Frosh build you up, only to break your heart. That's the way of the world.

But in Maui, with Matt and Steven as co-MVPs, that's your Kirk and Spock right there. Spock will be baaack.

:)