PDA

View Full Version : Four facts...

AzZag
12-05-2009, 05:20 PM
1. "Bobby" misses the first free throw he takes at the free throw line each and every time. Big men get fouled Bobby, time to work on your free throws and you will become the stud you can be.

2. Steven Gray isn't the same tough minded player who walked up to the free throw line with no time left at Santa Clara and sent the game to overtime. He has had moments, like in Maui, but he is not focused at all on the court. Passing, dribbling, shooting...all off...and quite frankly, in my opinion, is at a crossroads in his playing career.

3. Manny plays with a lot of heart, and it is very enjoyable to watch.

4. Bouldin is a nice blend of all great Zags guard of the past. He is worth the price of admission.

xjzico
12-05-2009, 05:32 PM
It was nice to see Manny finally break through.

mendiant
12-05-2009, 06:52 PM
It was nice to see Manny finally break through.

"Finally"? He's a freshman...

Great game Manny!

love,
mendiant

rijman
12-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Fact #5; this is a young team and they will make mistakes.

FYI- before the season I asked an ex GU player, who follows the team very closely, which new player would have the biggest impact this season and his opinion was Manny. After Maui I thought he couldn't have been more wrong the way Harris has stepped up. After tonight I realize there are many more games to be played and given some quality PT Manny could still make the biggest impact although my money is on Harris.

jim77
12-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Agreed on Manny...he's tough on both ends and is a darn good athlete. I'm not ready to bench any starters but this guy will get more mintues....he's ALL BUSINESS.

btzag
12-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Wonder what flipped the switch for Manny?

I knew he had talent and he was the 'impact' newcomer I was expecting at the beginning of this year, but frankly in the first seven games he looked tentative and completely out of place. Then all of a sudden he explodes this game and is all over the place on both ends of the court. Fantastic performance for Manny.

Last point...the starters other than Bouldin need to step up big time. That is the second game in a row that three starters were non-existent. WSU it was Sacre, Goodson, and Grey(some good D) . Then tonight Sacre, Goodson, Harris, and Grey were sub-par. This has put pressure on a really young bench to produce to get the win and like tonight, sometimes that is not going to happen.

hondo
12-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Wonder what flipped the switch for Manny?

Extended minutes. Coach Lloyd mentioned during the postgame interview that Arop is just one of those players who needs to be out there for a couple of minutes before he gets in the flow. He's not an instant impact guy like Kong who can sit for 30 minutes and then can a couple of threes.

I expect to see Manny see more minutes in the coming weeks. Gray and Bouldin are playing way too many minutes. And BTW - I do feel that some of Gray's drop in offensive productivity is directly related to him being too tired. Bouldin might have a little more in the tank than Steven, but trust me, if we keep playing Matty 40 MPG, he's going to hit a wall as well.

TheMorrisonIsBack
12-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Manny is a stud. Although I don't want him to be looking to create for himself too often because he's so young and we have better options at this point in Bouldin, Harris and (I thought, but I dunno anymore) Gray, I loved the aggressiveness I saw from him.. Makes me a little less afraid to lose Bouldin next year, because Manny and Bol can step up and deliver with confidence. Manny is a rebounding machine for his size too. God knows we need rebounding.. And what happened to Bobby? Dear lord he's looking like crap.

VinnyZag
12-05-2009, 10:01 PM
2. Steven Gray isn't the same tough minded player who walked up to the free throw line with no time left at Santa Clara and sent the game to overtime. He has had moments, like in Maui, but he is not focused at all on the court. Passing, dribbling, shooting...all off...and quite frankly, in my opinion, is at a crossroads in his playing career.

"Moments" in Maui? He was the MVP of the fricking tournament.

Zag79
12-07-2009, 02:37 AM
"Moments" in Maui? He was the MVP of the fricking tournament.

amen! hes had a rough outting last game, thats about it. for shutting down wsu's finest he gets a pass on the offensive end that game. team fts, sacre getting aggressive, and this games in our pocket. gray did fine, and harris will be back next game. matty b is ap top 5'n right now if you ask me.

Ezag
12-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Manny is a stud, and Kong once he gets set on defense will be a impact player. Gray I am not sure on, but he seems to be on the same path as last season which is off and on.

gozagswoohoo
12-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Fact #6- 10% of all car thieves are left handed.

Fact #7- All polar bears are left handed.

Fact #8- If your car is stolen, there is a 10% chance it was taken by a polar bear.

Kiddwell
12-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Fact #09--This team needs a stud to step up with the clock winding down and MAKE the shot. Particularly at game's end.

:[

lothar98zag
12-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Fact 98 - The worst part about "the play" was the foul on the 3 pt shooter. Matt didn't touch the guy. Horrid call. The length of the ref's conference probably wasn't to decide if they should toss Harris or not, it was probably cuz the other 2 refs took that long to believe the 3rd was serious about the shooting foul.

take those 2 pts away and - tie game. overtime!

NEC26
12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Fact 98 - The worst part about "the play" was the foul on the 3 pt shooter. Matt didn't touch the guy. Horrid call. The length of the ref's conference probably wasn't to decide if they should toss Harris or not, it was probably cuz the other 2 refs took that long to believe the 3rd was serious about the shooting foul.

take those 2 pts away and - tie game. overtime!

Totally agree I think this has understandably been lost in the whole Harris foul but that was a horrendous call by that ref.