PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Part II

MDS03
12-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Plenty of areas to be critical about, but similar to the Nevada tourney game several years back when the refs blatantly fouled out Ronny, these joker refs tonight unfortunately determined the outcome of this one.

Everything that happened with Harris in the first half aside, there was clear over the back on Kong, followed by no foul on Kelly and a block called on Kelly that was a joke too. When that cramp happens down the stretch it's tough for any team to comeback and win.

Keep your head up guys, you were the WAY better team and go take it out on the next few opponents.

Air Force Zag
12-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Not blaming the refs for this one. The flagrant on Elias was not a phantom call. The team's head was not right after that and dumb mistakes were made. Don't forget that Wake were the guys in foul trouble...it not as if they were calling it lopsided.

Not a worthwhile conversation, IMHO.

RenoZag
12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Plenty of areas to be critical about, but similar to the Nevada tourney game several years back when the refs blatantly fouled out Ronny, these joker refs tonight unfortunately determined the outcome of this one.

Right. The refs made them miss so many free throws.

zag944
12-05-2009, 04:20 PM
there were three horrible calls on kelly.....and another foul on Kelly was only committed because the dude climbed up his back on a rebound and he had to stop the guy from getting an easy basket.

that said, we shouldve won anyways.

TM27
12-05-2009, 04:20 PM
wake made plays...GU didnt. Bad calls are always part of the game and they went both ways. IMO in a game where GU did SO much wrong, when we complain about the refs in a loss it makes us (as a fanbase) look bad. GU has nobody to blame but themselves. They are young, and there is lots to be happy about.

I agree they absolutely missed the over the back as well as others. I am sure wake fans can point out an equal amount missed from their seats.

TexasZagFan
12-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Right. The refs made them miss so many free throws.

I saw the ref sneak up behind the Zags when they were shooting FTs, trying to pull down their shorts. Didn't you see that, Reno? :mad:

Poor free throw shooting always bites you in the butt when you lose in a one-possession game.

TexasZagFan
12-05-2009, 04:30 PM

Everything that happened with Harris in the first half aside, there was clear over the back on Kong, followed by no foul on Kelly and a block called on Kelly that was a joke too. When that cramp happens down the stretch it's tough for any team to comeback and win.

Keep your head up guys, you were the WAY better team and go take it out on the next few opponents.

Puh-leeze. Nevada handed us our hats in the game.

TheMorrisonIsBack
12-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Since I'm a Zag fan, I'll admit that I only really pay attention to the officiating and how it effects us.. BUT I can tell you, that College Refs are TERRIBLE! I'm sure it goes both ways, but WOW. I'm tired of it..So tired of it. Over the back a few times, terrible call on Kelly that resulted in a Meech T... I'm tired of it guys. The WSU game was even worse, and that one didn't go both ways.

FieldHouseFishHouse
12-05-2009, 04:47 PM
The refs were terrible as usual, ho hum....
Zags had every chance to win, and intentionally AND unintentionally they took themselves out of the game.
There may be a Nevada part II some day, but this was not it.
Hopefully there will never be a Wake part II.

TheMorrisonIsBack
12-05-2009, 04:51 PM
The refs were terrible as usual, ho hum....
Zags had every chance to win, and intentionally AND unintentionally they took themselves out of the game.
There may be a Nevada part II some day, but this was not it.
Hopefully there will never be a Wake part II.

I didn't say the refs lost the game, but college officials are terrible. Absolutely terrible.

DoMieD
12-05-2009, 04:54 PM
The ONLY call they might of got right tonight was the Harris call (and to me he was just trying to block out and went a lil too high on accident, but hey, it is what it is) but the rest of the game was TERRIBLE... we got so many bad calls, and they got so many no calls..

3 or 4 blocks were legit, and they called the foul... they were over the back 3 or 4 times and no call..

Either way, this is the time of game that you either bounce back and be much better than you were, or you spiral down into a deep hole and tank a few games.

TheMorrisonIsBack
12-05-2009, 06:03 PM
The ONLY call they might of got right tonight was the Harris call (and to me he was just trying to block out and went a lil too high on accident, but hey, it is what it is) but the rest of the game was TERRIBLE... we got so many bad calls, and they got so many no calls..

3 or 4 blocks were legit, and they called the foul... they were over the back 3 or 4 times and no call..

Either way, this is the time of game that you either bounce back and be much better than you were, or you spiral down into a deep hole and tank a few games.

Hey, I'm usually the one all for physical play, and I love a good retaliation.. but the Harris move was as obvious as can be.. You need to replay it.