• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Tommy watches Kyle Dranginis

On Friday, Dranginis put on a show. His back-to-back 3-pointers in the second quarter — both swishing from NCAA land — turned a narrow four-point lead into a double-digit margin for Skyview, and Boise never recovered.

"He's so smooth," Sanders said. "His overall knowledge of the game, and how smooth he is, is probably why he's so good."
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • BroncoZAG615
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Little concerned about Tommy Lloyd's recruiting. I mean, come on, last year he went to Germany and Canada to look at kids and all he is doing now is going to Idaho. GET IT TOGETHER TOMMY!

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BroncoZAG615 View Post
      Little concerned about Tommy Lloyd's recruiting. I mean, come on, last year he went to Germany and Canada to look at kids and all he is doing now is going to Idaho. GET IT TOGETHER TOMMY!

And they didn't even have any stars on Rivals and Scout! Tommy is definitely slacking.

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Wow! Nice story! Looks like a beautiful romance to me!
        The 6-foot-4 Skyview point guard recorded 13 points and seven assists, even drawing chants of "You can't stop him!" from his fellow students. And today, nothing can stop Dranginis from making a 288-mile trek to Spokane, where he and father, Tim, will watch No. 17 Gonzaga battle Wake Forest.

It's considered an unofficial recruiting visit for Dranginis, who cannot make an official visit until the fall of his senior year, according to NCAA rules. At any rate, he's excited to visit the school.

"I'd say, right now, they're in my top three — probably my No. 1 choice right now," said Dranginis, who added he's been offered full-ride scholarships by Boise State, Utah and Utah State.

"They have a great atmosphere and a lot of fan support."

Last season, Dranginis led the Hawks to a perfect record (26-0) and 4A state title, all while earning 4A Player of the Year honors. His court-general leadership has caught the interest of Gonzaga coach Mark Few, who attended a Skyview open-gym workout this past summer, according to Hawks coach Aaron Sanders. Dranginis has also visited the university twice, even competing in an open-gym workout against Bulldogs players, such as Demetri Goodson and Matt Bouldin.

Dranginis said he believes Gonzaga is "getting close" to offering a basketball scholarship.

"They haven't said when they're gonna (make an offer) or anything," he said.

Comment

Nampa, Idaho - Home of Studs!

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by El Voce View Post
            Nampa, Idaho - Home of Studs!
            Grrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by zagco
              He was so far better than anyone on the court against Timberline it wasn't even funny. His team lost, but man!
              Somehow I was under the impression that Zagco did not venture into Napa ? Much less in the first person...

Comment

I noticed Dranginis at the game today, sitting in the front row where the recruits always sit. Any word on how the visit went??

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

economy's kinda down in the dumps right now...tommy doesn't wanna look bad taking the zag private jet all over the world. he's gonna hafta to do his magic tricks locally this year...nampa, seattle, portland.

Comment

• Ezag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Kyle was taken to the GU locker room after the game by RayG.

Comment

• fofo4221
                        Redshirt
                        • Dec 2009

I was at the game against Boise High and Tommy Lloyd was at the game watching. The most impressive part was his interaction with a local reporter. The reporter approached him and asked if he was watching Dranginis play. He simply replied that he is affiliated with GU but he's just here watching a basketball game. Obviously, he is not allowed to comment on junior recruits and so he was polite with the reporter and allowed the reporter to make his own assumptions but declined actual comment. Dranginis is a true point in a 2's body. He's a good player.

Comment

• MickMick
                          Zag for Life
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                          Kyle was taken to the GU locker room after the game by RayG.
                          My view:

As soon as the situation meets NCAA requirements, extend this young man an offer and maintain contact until signing day.
                          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

Working...
                          X