PDA

View Full Version : Bell, Behrens, Kingma, Adams, and Nelson-Henry on SSF

ZagNative
12-04-2009, 11:26 PM
The guys at SSF (http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2009/12/4/1180733/tracking-the-future-washington) did a good job in a posting today and in providing links to upcoming game schedules, and reminders of some kids we like in the Seattle area. Check it out and look into the schedules to see if you want to catch any of the upcoming games and report back your perceptions.

SSF links the Seattle-Times team pages for the kids so you can check out their schedules. However, when I looked, the Times schedule for Gary Bell's Kentridge team included only league games, so it didn't include the Spokane Holiday Showcase Tournament Decmber 28 - 30, when they will be playing Spokane's Lewis & Clark HS in the first round. ZN will be there at SCC in her Zag gear for the LC matchup, with her son, who'll be proudly wearing his Tiger gear. Better pick up tickets in advance to keep the local Tiger kids from scarfing them all up. Holiday Showcase website is here (http://theholidayshowcase.com/) with ticket info.

Check out the SSF post here (http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2009/12/4/1180733/tracking-the-future-washington) for some good stuff.

Oh, and this post needs a pic, this one of Christian Behrens going up for a bucket against Cascade on November 28, 2009:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Recruits/2011%20Recruits/Christian%20Behrens/2009-11-28ChristianBehrensCascade.jpg

BroncoZAG615
12-05-2009, 05:34 AM
As you all know, we are staunch supporters of Gary Bell Jr. in 2011 but the more and more I hear about Anrio Adams, the more I like him. He came in last year as a freshman and played right away on varsity. He's a 6'2'' point guard with a nice frame to add some weight and can get to the hoop. He might be VERY highly rated when 2012 comes into focus.

Christian Behrens is intriguing as well. Needless to say, the Seattle area is once again loaded.

BobZag
12-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Good job, guys. I'd suggest a Portland piece as well. That city is also loaded.

Multiple recruits are visiting GU today for the Wake game. Dranginis is one. I'll be looking to see who the others are.

:)

From Scout--

Nick Johnson, SG, Findlay Prep – This combo guard started off by attacking the rim and worked his way away from the basket as Findlay’s game against Christ School wore on. The 6-foot-3 athletic combo guard finished 7-for-15 from the field and knocked down a pair of three-pointers during his 17 point, seven rebound outing. Johnson is a solid athlete and is quite creative around the rim. His best move of the day was a nifty up and under move that wowed the crowd.

Nick Johnson said he’s not paying any attention to the recruiting process right now. He did mention offers from Arizona State, Arizona, Oregon State, Washington, Ohio State, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Georgia and Gonzaga. Kentucky, Louisville, Oklahoma and Connecticut are also recruiting him.

ZagAddict
12-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Multiple recruits are visiting GU today for the Wake game. Dranginis is one. I'll be looking to see who the others are.

In terms of the 2011 recruiting class... I believe the Zags success in December will play a HUGE part in who remains on our radar. I keep waiting for ALL these Seattle and Portland area recruits to recognize what an opportunity awaits them at Gonzaga with a coach like Mark Few and a perennial Top 15 program like Gonzaga. They REALLY don't need to travel very far (like Duke, Kansas, or even UCLA) to have a shot at a national title. I think this year is really going to open the eyes of recruits like Gary Bell Jr. and Kyle Wiltjer from the 2011 class... but these types of quality games (Wake Forest in the Kennel) are critical.

Go Zags!

...or as Heister says, "strap it on". :lmao:

BroncoZAG615
12-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Good job, guys. I'd suggest a Portland piece as well. That city is also loaded.

:)

From Scout--

Nick Johnson, SG, Findlay Prep – This combo guard started off by attacking the rim and worked his way away from the basket as Findlay’s game against Christ School wore on. The 6-foot-3 athletic combo guard finished 7-for-15 from the field and knocked down a pair of three-pointers during his 17 point, seven rebound outing. Johnson is a solid athlete and is quite creative around the rim. His best move of the day was a nifty up and under move that wowed the crowd.

Nick Johnson said he’s not paying any attention to the recruiting process right now. He did mention offers from Arizona State, Arizona, Oregon State, Washington, Ohio State, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Georgia and Gonzaga. Kentucky, Louisville, Oklahoma and Connecticut are also recruiting him.

Absolutely we'll have a national look up soon. Just wanted to separate them because their is a lot of prospects on the radar right now. Oregon is stacked like you said and there is obviously representatives from Idaho, California, etc etc. I'm pumped for 2011 and getting there for 2012.

Like we said on the site, we love our international players but with the local talent and national talent that has early GU interest, I don't think Mark Few will need to travel far to get a solid class of players. ESPECIALLY if our youth keeps playing this way. That has to get high school kids excited if they want to impact a team immediately.

Austin Daye's success in the NBA will also be big and so far, I've been impressed with what Mr. Daye has done.