PDA

View Full Version : HARMELING: Why I'm smiling today

Zag4Hire
12-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Didn't see this posted but a pretty good run-down by a former Coug

If Xavier Thames can shoot consistently as shown at the Kennel, you are looking at a future star. When my current boss, former Gonzaga All-American Dan Dickau

Very true. That kid looked good. I was surprised he didn't get more time.

For 30 minutes, the Cougars were in attack mode. The Cougars are a good team in attack mode.

So is every team. When you just take jumpers, you lose so much of your edge (drawing fouls, offensive boards, etc.)

1. Gonzaga’s bigs do an incredible job of running the floor and sealing early. This part of the game really helped them turn the tide in their favor in the second half

Very good insight there.

My top two highlights of the night from the announcers: “Lodwick really isn’t much of a threat out there.” Moments later, Loddy buries a 3 from the corner. And then there was this: “When you turn the ball over you get no opportunities at the basket.” No comment.

Ehlo/Heister? Wouldn't be surprised.

I’m not calling Demetrius Goodson a dirty player. But I am a bit skeptical over his attempted “box-out” on Casto as he rose up from behind for the put-back. I’ll admit at first it looked like over the back, but the view under the hoop showed me otherwise. I could be wrong. But most players don’t tend to backpedal under a player that has left the ground.

The infamous 'preface the statement with your true meaning' slip. He was going to get squished! AND IT WAS OVER THE BACK. When you leap over a guy, things happen..not always good.

Like any logical fan, I was disappointed with the outcome but that’s not what kept me up that night. I honestly lost sleep over this conundrum: who wanted Gonzaga to win more, Mark Few or Greg Heister?

And boom goes the dynamite!

Here is the article http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/926051.html

hondo
12-04-2009, 03:10 PM
And who wanted the Cougars to win more Bone or Ehlo?
And it was over the back, that is how Casto plays, he was over the back for much of the game. I don't think DG has eyes in the back of his head.

MickMick
12-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Maybe next year Cougars

Robzagnut
12-04-2009, 03:36 PM
My favorite line was:

5. A roster of 19- and 20 year-olds played poised in the toughest environment in the country.

Says a lot coming from a former player about the Mac Center.