PDA

View Full Version : What are Demon Deacon Fans Saying?

SWZag
12-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, they aren't saying too much... Wake Forest - Scout (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=192&f=1118) (I really want to mention that I love the way the GU board is set up. The way others are set up drives me nuts! You can't find anything)

I am looking forward to this game with Gonzaga more than almost any game in my recent memory. The fact that we are heading into the Kennel where very few teams are willing to go says a lot about our program. Additionally, I am quite a big Zags fan as well, so it's been great to see the buildup for this game on both sides. From perusing the Zags board over the last couple weeks and watching some interviews after last night's victory over WSU, you can really tell that this game is big in their minds and that the Kennel will be absolutely rocking. I'm thinking that this will be the toughest environment we will play in this year. Go Deacs!

Plus, the matchups are just scary good. Ish against Meech Goodson will be a total track meet. LD will most likely be on Bouldin since he is just dominating right now. Chas will be up against Rob Sacre who has improved exponentially since last season. That leaves a tough decision for Dino. AFA will most likely have to play Gray who is a lot smaller but is quick and can really shoot. That leaves woods on Elias Harris which is going to be really tough for Tony. Harris can bang inside and drives like a small forward. Of course the Deacs have a height advantage and will need to use that in order to win. AFA is our big matchup problem for the Zags, but I wouldn't be surprised if Harris ends up guarding him and Few tries to hide one of the guards on our bigs or bring in Kelly Olynyk to add some height. I'm betting a zone comes out quite a bit to deal with this also.

Did I say I'm pumped?

We have now seen our b-ball team play 6 games and they are 4-2. How will the rest of the season play out? Home games in Bold.

Wins - 15

Elon
UNC-W
NCS
UNC-G
Richmond
Xavier
Maryland
VA
Miami
VA
BC
GT
VT
NCS
Clemson

Losses - 7

Gonzaga
Miami
Duke
UNC
GT
UNC
FSU

WallaWallaZag
12-04-2009, 11:35 AM
this person is for a deacs fan really knows a lot about the zags! no wonder they say they're a zag fan as well...everything is pretty much spot on. if gray is able to stay in front of ish we may see the zags in a big lineup as well. foul trouble is going to be big in this game imo...both ways.

VaBeachZAG
12-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Have the utmost respect for Wake's willingness to agree to a straight up home-and-home in K2. The only other out of state D1 school I can recall with the nads to do this was Virginia, also from the ACC. While Stanford did play in K2, I doubt that would have happened if it had not been enticed by ESPN Game Day.

Looks like we may be turning the corner on getting big name programs in our arena. Illinois next year and Michigan St. the year after. Also, we may be getting X on our future home schedule as well. As an aside, I would give Memphis an ultimatum, play in K2 or get lost. I like the Memphis series but if they can't show us the respect to play on our home floor, I think we are getting to the point where we can drop them and find others who will.

LynetteG
12-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Someone go over there and invite them over here :)

BobZag
12-04-2009, 06:58 PM
What is a Demon Deacon?

RenoZag
12-04-2009, 07:14 PM
What is a Demon Deacon?

A Babtist preacher that's had too much corn liquor. . .

WallaWallaZag
12-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Have the utmost respect for Wake's willingness to agree to a straight up home-and-home in K2. The only other out of state D1 school I can recall with the nads to do this was Virginia, also from the ACC. While Stanford did play in K2, I doubt that would have happened if it had not been enticed by ESPN Game Day.

Looks like we may be turning the corner on getting big name programs in our arena. Illinois next year and Michigan St. the year after. Also, we may be getting X on our future home schedule as well. As an aside, I would give Memphis an ultimatum, play in K2 or get lost. I like the Memphis series but if they can't show us the respect to play on our home floor, I think we are getting to the point where we can drop them and find others who will.

if i'm not mistaken, the fedex forum isn't on the memphis campus either...i believe they share it with the nba memphis grizzlies and other events, so it would be similar to the spokane arena. in any case, i think it's good to have a game every year in the arena so that more people get a chance to catch the zags in action.

VaBeachZAG
12-05-2009, 04:16 AM
Yeah, I know Calipari got away with blowing that "Fed Ex Forum is not on campus" smoke up our a**. That's just Calipari bull poop! Fed Ex Forum is the home court for the Memphis team, so they should play the Zags on their home court. If they are not willing to do so, forget em! I also like Memphis on the schedule and think it is good for both programs, but there comes a point where lack of fairness and lack of respect in the scheduling process shouldn't be egnored.