PDA

View Full Version : be ready for sju-duke frustration

jazzdelmar
12-04-2009, 06:43 AM
be ready for sju-duke frustration...thats the lame game before the zags tomw....shld be a blowout but no way tv leaves until coach kay makes his obsequious, patronizing comments to the losing coach, in this case norm roberts (sorry, lizf, they cd sure use lance, huh?)....so be ready for a 10 minute cut in gu time........

misszigzag
12-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Have ESPN 360 ready :)

GoZags
12-04-2009, 06:50 AM
ESPN360 should have it live, I believe. Or, if there is some missing at the outset, the full game is generally available on 360 for 24 hours.

zaguarxj
12-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Will the justintv feed carry the full game, or is that dependent on ESPN coverage?

TCS88
12-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Well if I have the game on ESPN2 and turn the sound down and have 1510 radio on I can hear the game, but it will look like a beatdown with different players and jerseys and gym and .... Damn.

TCS
Go ZAGS!

ZagMan in Philly
12-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Will the justintv feed carry the full game, or is that dependent on ESPN coverage?

If I stream the game from ESPN360 (which i do have)...then it will be the full game on justintv. I am trying to work on this capability, otherwise no.

The Redstorm is undefeated..are they for real? They may take the Dukies to Overtime....yikes.

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2009, 08:40 AM
The Redstorm is undefeated..are they for real? They may take the Dukies to Overtime....yikes.

The Redmen... errr.. Red Storm are NOT for real IMHO. I like SJU, but without Anthony Mason Jr. they are going to have a tough time even being in the game. 6-0 yes but they are paper tigers. The wins are against: Long Island University (my current employer), Stonybrook, Siena, Temple, St. Bonnies and Brown. More distressing is that the win over the depleted and embattled Bonnies they squeaked it out by 2 points and a 3 pt win over a horrid Brown team. This game will be over by the half.

GUDan07
12-04-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm fairly certain that I am the only person on this board that attended both St. John's and Gu (transfered to GU after fresh year) so I will be interested in both games!

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm fairly certain that I am the only person on this board that attended both St. John's and Gu (transfered to GU after fresh year) so I will be interested in both games!

Does being employed by SJU count? GU grad and former SJU employee.

GUDan07
12-04-2009, 11:47 AM
I'll take it. We seem to have much in common. My entire family lives on LI.

lothar98zag
12-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Does being employed by SJU count? GU grad and former SJU employee.
no. doesn't count for anything. in fact, putting it on a resume is a big no no...

;)

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I'll take it. We seem to have much in common. My entire family lives on LI.

Suffolk or Nassau? I'm in western Suffolk myself.

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2009, 12:04 PM
no. doesn't count for anything. in fact, putting it on a resume is a big no no...

;)

Back a week and he is already causing trouble. :p

GUDan07
12-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Suffolk or Nassau? I'm in western Suffolk myself.

Suffolk. In and around Selden. I'm originally from Queens myself hence the SJU attendance.

DixieZag
12-04-2009, 01:08 PM
We will all be ok, granted ESPN always intentionally makes games overlap, at least we can be watching Alabama v. Florida while waiting, so there will be less frustration than usual.

Keep your remote close.

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Suffolk. In and around Selden. I'm originally from Queens myself hence the SJU attendance.

In the Town of Babylon. Selden used to be the boonies... now... not so much.

WRHUradio
12-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Welcome GUDan...we've got a web weaving here...

-LI resident (floral park)
-HUGE gonzaga fan
-current st. john's employee (among others)

jazzdelmar
12-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Welcome GUDan...we've got a web weaving here...

-LI resident (floral park)
-HUGE gonzaga fan
-current st. john's employee (among others)

isnt floral park is largely in queens cty, maybe ur in bellerose village....my sis lives there -- hudson road....

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2009, 07:31 PM
isnt floral park is largely in queens cty, maybe ur in bellerose village....my sis lives there -- hudson road....

Jazz... don't tell me you are one of THOSE people. You know the ones that live in Queens and talk about going out to "The Island". Like they actually cross another body of water on their way to Nassau County. Sorry to the two eastmost boroughs but you are physically ON what people refer to as Long Island... btw LIU (the Div 1 team) is at our Brooklyn campus... imagine that. :D

WRHU... did you attend Hofstra or work there?

jazzdelmar
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Jazz... don't tell me you are one of THOSE people. You know the ones that live in Queens and talk about going out to "The Island". Like they actually cross another body of water on their way to Nassau County. Sorry to the two eastmost boroughs but you are physically ON what people refer to as Long Island... btw LIU (the Div 1 team) is at our Brooklyn campus... imagine that. :D

WRHU... did you attend Hofstra or work there?

nope, im from brooklyn, usa; u wanna make something of it? :D

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2009, 07:44 PM
nope, im from brooklyn, usa; u wanna make something of it? :D

I love Brooklyn. Going there on Monday... get to make that lovely walk down from the Flatbush train station. Honestly, it has gotten much better than it used to be about 5 years ago. Obviously around BAM its OK but those 5 blocks or so getting down to the campus across from Juniors has vastly improved. Tell you what Brooklyn ain't what it used to be. Lots of tall buildings going up. Starting to look like an extension of lower Manhattan.