PDA

View Full Version : Huskies National Exposure

bballguy
12-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Its been well documented that Romar ended the series with GU because he wanted to seek more national exposure. So this year he scheduled 10 OOC games to increase his national exposure. 1 Midwest team (Wright State), 1 east coast (Georgetown), 2 southwest (Texas Tech and Texas A&M), 1 southeast (Belmont) and 6 westcoast teams (Portland, USF, San Jose State, Montana, Portland State, and Cal State Northridge). Then to ensure that he gets maximum national exposure he schedules all but one as home games. This way all of those people in those large metropolitan areas (like Dayton, Nashville, and Lubock) he hopes to attract will tune into FSNW TV to see their teams play. It doesn't matter that the only way to get the games is to hack into a NASA satalite, and tip-off starts at 10:30 or 11:00PM their time. But hey at least he's getting maximum national exposure for his team by not playing GU.
At the same time we are playing a much more localized schedule which includes Duke @ MSG, Illinois @ Chicago, Memphis @ Memphis, Oklahoma, Wake Forest and Washington State here in Spokane.
Hope that national exposure works out well for you Romar!

surfmonkey89
12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
It already exists (http://www.dawgman.com).

NotoriousZ
12-03-2009, 06:39 PM
...a success! They just got exposed. :roll:

WallaWallaZag
12-03-2009, 06:41 PM
2 southwest (Texas Tech and Texas A&M),
Hope that national exposure works out well for you Romar!

the chicken doesn't actually want to play these two games...he's forced to by the pac-10 conference as they have an agreement with the big 12. after the tt game, you can understand why...only road game in ooc and all of nov/dec.

mendiant
12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Go Cougs!

HOOTER
12-03-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm assuming this thread is rhetorical because everybody knows why Romar actually stopped the series. It's no secret that he was tired of getting his butt whooped year after year. It's also no secret that he's willing to revive the series but only if we play every game in Seattle. God forbid they travel anymore than absolutely necessary. Lastly, it's no secret that he's a spineless pansy who's not willing to watch his team lose to more talented ooc teams and he schedules accordingly. Let them have their "national exposure". They will be nowhere near the top-25 by the end of the season IMO.

xjzico
12-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm assuming this thread is rhetorical because everybody knows why Romar actually stopped the series. It's no secret that he was tired of getting his butt whooped year after year.
Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if Mark Few being one of the first choices, over Romar, to fill the vacancy at UW has something to do with it.