PDA

View Full Version : Congrat's on the win last night

Coug Tracks
12-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Bouldin and Harris basically took over the game. I had not seen a lot of Harris yet but he was simply a beast and gives GU a dimension I don’t believe they have had since Turiaf. He presents a lot of problems with his quickness, long arms, and skill set.

Overall I thought GU play was much more as a “team” and they played with a lot of toughness. As the bench guys continue to get more experience GU will become an even tougher out.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

SWZag
12-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks Coug Tracks. It was a great game and I was extremely impressed with the Cougs. I had no idea that the first half would go the way it did. I knew Ken's team like to score, which is vastly different than the previous staff, but wow, I didn't know their Defense would be so tight. You took us completely out of what we were comfortable with. I think you have a very good chance to be Pac-10 champs if you play like that. That was an outstanding performance by your young club and with a new coaching staff as well.

And Klay, he's a baller. He's good. Very good.

Best luck the rest of the way.

SWZag

WallaWallaZag
12-03-2009, 04:04 PM
thanks coug...was impressed with the cougs as well...didn't expect them to be able to play as well without klay going off. thought it would be an easy game if klay was contained by gray.

Jedster
12-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks Coug Tracks! Your team played a heck of a game and showed a lot for a young team to come into the Kennel and come out firing! Good luck the rest of the way, and I hope you take it to the 3rd best team in Washington twice this year!

GPGUgrad
12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks CT, I was stunned at how good WSU is, you guys should go far, great news, beat UW, please.

HOOTER
12-03-2009, 04:20 PM
beat UW, please.

+1. Put them to shame. Make them wish they weren't born. :D

NotoriousZ
12-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks Coug Tracks. It was a great game and I was extremely impressed with the Cougs. I had no idea that the first half would go the way it did. I knew Ken's team like to score, which is vastly different than the previous staff, but wow, I didn't know their Defense would be so tight. You took us completely out of what we were comfortable with. I think you have a very good chance to be Pac-10 champs if you play like that. That was an outstanding performance by your young club and with a new coaching staff as well.

And Klay, he's a baller. He's good. Very good.

Best luck the rest of the way.

SWZag

Ditto. Great game Cougs, a Pac-10 title is definitely possible for you guys.

bartruff1
12-03-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't think you are going to miss Tony....

Ezag
12-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Cougs were damn good now kick some Dawg A**

MickMick
12-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I really, really like your point guard Moore.

In fact, I like him better than Gaddy at this moment in time. A real gem the Cougs have there. You can build a team around this young man.

willandi
12-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks Coug Tracks! Your team played a heck of a game and showed a lot for a young team to come into the Kennel and come out firing! Good luck the rest of the way, and I hope you take it to the 3rd best team in Washington twice this year!

You think "they" are consistently better than EWU and/or SU, not to mention Central and even Western Wa (which doesn't field a team, but their fans are knowledgable AND honest!!)????

mendiant
12-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Great game CT!

Klay is a machine and this is a young team with plenty of space to learn and grow...

much like our Zags!

Seriously looking forward to the next few years as both teams grow!!!

Might even make the trip down to Pullberg next year;)

alaskazagnut
12-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I might get neg rep'd again for saying this but, WSU has my respect not just for their stellar play but the fact that they have the guts to come to Spokane and do home and home series with us. The UW Huskies really are scared to come to the Kennel. It may not be the players, in fact I bet they would like to come to Spokane to play their game when and where it matters. It is Romar who is chicken to come to Spokane for a fair home and home series of battles.

Thanks WSU, Bone, and all the athletes, you have what your UW Pac-10 arch enemies don't, the guts to play a game that means more than just the overall record, rankings and kissing UW primadonna alumni A$$.

Playing instate rivals is honor, guts and glory. You can't win if you don't play so thanks WSU for playing.

And like the guts and honor WSU shows, thanks COUG TRACKS for frequenting our board with insight and props.

ZagsGoZags
12-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Cougar
Your guys could have won if they had kept their system running all the way, and possibly better conditioning. I am still remembering my feelings that GU was not going to win this one. You did dominate for 2/3 of the game.

I love the cougs, they are always my second favorite team anywhere in the country. Great sportsmen, Bone is an impressive coach, I listened to his pre game interview and he is the real deal in my opinion.

You can take the Pac 10 this year. Now go beat Romar.

Psychozag
12-04-2009, 07:42 AM
I might get neg rep'd again for saying this but, WSU has my respect not just for their stellar play but the fact that they have the guts to come to Spokane and do home and home series with us. The UW Huskies really are scared to come to the Kennel. It may not be the players, in fact I bet they would like to come to Spokane to play their game when and where it matters. It is Romar who is chicken to come to Spokane for a fair home and home series of battles.

Thanks WSU, Bone, and all the athletes, you have what your UW Pac-10 arch enemies don't, the guts to play a game that means more than just the overall record, rankings and kissing UW primadonna alumni A$$.

Playing instate rivals is honor, guts and glory. You can't win if you don't play so thanks WSU for playing.

And like the guts and honor WSU shows, thanks COUG TRACKS for frequenting our board with insight and props.

Great post. That's exactly what UW refuses to understand. They put it in terms of money and exposure, and turn their nose up saying "we are too big for this game". They all say the Cougs play this game because they have to. No, it's because they are not afraid to. They could schedule another home game for a guaranteed W. That's what we used to be for UW, and when we started winning, they went away. I can't wait to watch Bone outcoach Romar and his wild, stable of 5 star recruits.

titopoet
12-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Overall I thought GU play was much more as a “team” and they played with a lot of toughness. As the bench guys continue to get more experience GU will become an even tougher out.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

I also I think GU beat the future Pac-10 champs. I hope the Zags loss becomes the same for the cougs that MSU was for the Zags, a springboard to better things. They have the talent to do some damage. It is nice that the two best basketball teams in the state of Washington play a thriller.

Postplayer57
12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
There was no quit in that Coug team. They came into our house and "as Tom Izzo once said; Punched us in the mouth". It took one of our greatest efforts to pull out that game. Best of Luck to the Cougars the rest of the way. Hope to see you in the "Big Dance".

Colbyspapa
12-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I will root for WSU the rest of the way. They showed a lot of heart and once they figure out how to close games out, they will win a lot. I would bet on the Cougs to win the Pac10 this year and can't wait to see them beat UW.

DixieZag
12-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Speaking of Washington teams, Romar's 5 star pups got beat last night by a mid level Big 12 school. I think we can put away the top 10 ranking which was ridiculous from the start. No wonder Romar never leaves the state prior to conference time. He was probably pissed that the conferences started the series.

WSU really is a contender this year for the title, I really think they will be at least third in the conference and make the tournament pretty easily. Great coach, great fans, good luck.

23dpg
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Speaking of Washington teams, Romar's 5 star pups got beat last night by a mid level Big 12 school. I think we can put away the top 10 ranking which was ridiculous from the start. No wonder Romar never leaves the state prior to conference time. He was probably pissed that the conferences started the series.

WSU really is a contender this year for the title, I really think they will be at least third in the conference and make the tournament pretty easily. Great coach, great fans, good luck.

If they finish 3rd in the Pac10, they might not make the tourney. The Pac10 is incredibly bad this year. There isn't one significant win that I can think of from the entire conference. Next year should be better but this could be a 2 bid year.

HOOTER
12-04-2009, 03:33 PM
If they finish 3rd in the Pac10, they might not make the tourney. The Pac10 is incredibly bad this year. There isn't one significant win that I can think of from the entire conference. Next year should be better but this could be a 2 bid year.

Sounds crazy, but the WCC could actually get more teams in the tourney than the Pac-10. It seems college hoops on the west coast is undergoing a power shift. The near future may be dim for the Pac-10, but it's very bright for WSU.