PDA

View Full Version : OT - St. Mary's - UW scrimmage

tightface
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Similar to our scrimmage against Texas. In Percy Allen's article about UW's game vs. Texas Tech today, he quoted Pondexter about their "roadtrip" scrimmage. Surprisingly enough, it was against St. Mary's.

Any SMC or UW (lurkers) people have insight on the results? Just curious. I realize results are typically private, but info about ours always leaks...

lothar98zag
12-03-2009, 01:56 PM
might be something on SMC's board - http://godisagael.yuku.com/forums/2/t/Men-39-s-Basketball.html

hondo
12-03-2009, 02:12 PM
From what I have heard St Marys did very well.

NorthWestZag
12-03-2009, 02:19 PM
I remember quotes from UW players in the Seattle Times about a month back. They kept saying things like "we struggled with our offense in the first half" "had problems getting into rhythm" and so forth.

None of these articles had an actual score. But it sounds like St. Mary's got 'em.

maynard g krebs
12-03-2009, 02:38 PM
I think it was on Dawgman that somebody posted some twitters from Husky players. Nothing concrete or definitive, but the tone of the posts pretty clearly implied that they'd lost- "lots to work on, problems to fix" kind of quotes.

lothar98zag
12-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I think it was on Dawgman that somebody posted some twitters from Husky players. Nothing concrete or definitive, but the tone of the posts pretty clearly implied that they'd lost- "lots to work on, problems to fix" kind of quotes.
anyone see anything on if they played a "real" game like GU-Texas or if they did something totally different?

Zagdawg
12-03-2009, 02:45 PM
I think i recall from the dawgman website mentions of:
"St Marys was like Montana on Steriods"
"We were overmatched"
"the mean St Marys boys called Isaiah Thomas -Gary Coleman",
"we will never play these guys again--we are going looking for some national exposure---or exposure nationally --something of that nature".

I just picked out the key quotes :)

tightface
12-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the info, looks like nevtelen and GoZags were alll over it. Looks like our matchups with SMC will be just as heated as year's past despite loss of Simpson and Mills. Here's some twitter excerpts:

gaddy0uw On way to airport!! Learned a lot about our team!! Time to get back n the lab and improve on weaknesses....11 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Isaiah_Thomas2 On the bus headed to the airport.. We played horrible the 1st 20min but after that we played like Washington basketball suppose to play!16 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Tyr33se_LA2UW Just got done wat our scrimmage ... We figured a lot of things about ourselves and I figured out a lot about me ...24 minutes ago from twidroid

MBALIVE11 ok so on the way bk 2 the 206...the trip as a learning curve we'll see in practice if we leant anything!!33 minutes ago from mobile web

Isaiah_Thomas2 We gotta take what we did wrong 2 heart and build on it and get better plain and simple. We good, still early I aint worried at all. Go time