PDA

View Full Version : OT: What is Matt Bouldin's Middle Initial

LongIslandZagFan
12-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Silly question, but my daughter is dying to know and I cannot find it anywhere on the interwebs. She wants to know if she has the same initials.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-03-2009, 11:35 AM
"B" for Baller. ;)

outrunu
12-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I would just make something up, and say "yes sweetie, you do have the same initials", but I'm kinda lazy that way.

LongIslandZagFan
12-03-2009, 11:55 AM
LOL... I should... but knowing my luck it would come back to bite me on the behind.

Nevtelen
12-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Clutch.

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2009, 12:00 PM
F, his middle name is Francis.

Yeah I know....that's why he never uses it.

;)

229SintoZag
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
F, his middle name is Francis.

Yeah I know....that's why he never uses it.

;)

As a guy whose middle name is Francis I have to ask: what are you saying?

I use my middle initial all the time and with pride.

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2009, 12:36 PM

Well....personally, I have no problems with it. I think it's a pretty much totally awesome middle name.

But in a recent survey put out by Taylor Institute of Transit Things Inside Eco Systems, they ranked the top 500 middle names in the world...and the list went something like this...

1. William
2. Alan
3. John
477. Gustov
478. Gluboten
479. Francis

So...not that I personally dislike it, I just had noticed it was low on the list.

J-Lo
12-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Well....personally, I have no problems with it. I think it's a pretty much totally awesome middle name.

But in a recent survey put out by Taylor Institute of Transit Things Inside Eco Systems, they ranked the top 500 middle names in the world...and the list went something like this...

1. William
2. Alan
3. John
477. Gustov
478. Gluboten
479. Francis

So...not that I personally dislike it, I just had noticed it was low on the list.

BEST WOOHOO POST EVER!:lmao:

surfmonkey89
12-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Danger

tightface
12-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Lighten up, Francis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM

kitzbuel
12-03-2009, 01:59 PM
BEST WOOHOO POST EVER!:lmao:
Oh no. Probably not even a top 10.

You need to start here: http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=7286

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM

You need to start here: http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=7286

I totally forgot that thread was saved. *Sigh*....I have some catching up to do on my greetings...

ATTENTION: If you never recieved a Woohoo greeting when you got to the board, please line up here--------------------------------------->

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Woo-hoo, where do you come up with this stuff? :lmao:

I don't know...but there is a rumor that my mom slept with Chuck Norris about 28 years ago...so...?

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2009, 02:21 PM
LIZF, I sincerely apologize for hijacking your thread. I will try to find out your answer tonight.

MaroonZag22
12-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Matt's middle initial is T. This information is kindly provided to me by stalkerweb....which is actually know as GU Who's Who located within the secured section of Zagweb. Hopefully Matt doesn't get too upset with all of us for wanting to know his middle initial. But how could you not after the stud performance that he put up last night.

Chuck Norris is a Zag
12-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Matty "Ice" Bouldin

jazzdelmar
12-03-2009, 02:57 PM
careful, Mr Sinatra can still reach out and getcha....

J-Lo
12-03-2009, 03:00 PM

Kitzbuel, I stand corrected.:D

Xin Loi 67
12-03-2009, 04:35 PM
His name is Matt T. Bouldin. Everyone has been pronouncig it correctly and have misspelled it every time. It was never Matty it has always been Matt T..

THE TRUTH, BET THE HOUSE ON IT!

BobZag
12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Captain James T. Kirk. His middle name is Tiberius. Matt T. Bouldin captains the USS Zag.

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/I/IonDuck/1072665010_smpa_trek1.jpg

gamagin
12-03-2009, 05:20 PM
the F stands for Freakin. A family name, I understand, from Jim Rome.

Go TEAM Zags !

LynetteG
12-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Matt has the same initials as the Champion of the Kentucky Derby this year, Mine That Bird

RenoZag
12-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Matt has the same initials as the Champion of the Kentucky Derby this year, Mine That Bird

If he runs the team the way a great thoroughbred works in traffic, you can call him 'Secretariat' for all I care :)

He has the potential to have a very special final year as a Zag.

mendiant
12-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Captain James T. Kirk. His middle name is Tiberius. Matt T. Bouldin captains the USS Zag.

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/I/IonDuck/1072665010_smpa_trek1.jpg

yeah...totally Tiberius!

MDABE80
12-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Lighten up, Francis.

lolllllllllll Lighten up Francis!!!.... most kids on this board don't have a clue as to what you're referencing. Funny one...

snebzag
12-03-2009, 08:04 PM
I think it is Allen.
M.A.B (Make Another Basket)

BoZarth
12-03-2009, 09:00 PM

Another Francis here Sinto. Awesome name!

Kiddwell
12-03-2009, 09:26 PM
T for "Towzer."

:]

gamagin
12-04-2009, 08:46 AM
which is why she goes by the name Chris.

ExtremeJim
12-04-2009, 09:58 AM
my wife's 1st name is Frances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
which is why she goes by the name Chris.

Oh, is that to avoid all the Kukla, Fran, and Ollie jokes?

schwagzag
12-04-2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYpTwnqrMSE

This is the Francis I remember best....

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Middle initial is T (confirmed through other sources) ... daughter is mildly sad that it wasn't E. Oh well. :D

Shocked this bad boy hasn't been sent Foo-bound.

lothar98zag
12-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Shocked this bad boy hasn't been sent Foo-bound.
says a mod

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2009, 12:06 PM
says a mod

I cannot move my own thread... Something like a judge having to recuse themselves from a case. Well, I could, but sticking with my story. :D

gozagswoohoo
12-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I cannot move my own thread... Something like a judge having to recuse themselves from a case. Well, I could, but sticking with my story. :D

Yes, would be a very bad idea. Kinda like crossing the streams (Ghostbusters reference).

gozagswoohoo
12-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes, would be a very bad idea. Kinda like crossing the streams (Ghostbusters reference).

Or, crossing the streams could be a reference to playing swords as a child (only then men on the board will get that one).

kitzbuel
12-04-2009, 12:33 PM
BTW, if I were to choose a name for a dog, Tiberius would be way more bad a@@ than Francis.

lothar98zag
12-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Or, crossing the streams could be a reference to playing swords as a child (only the men on the board will get that one).
hopefully...

ID ZAGFAN
12-04-2009, 12:38 PM
are unfounded!
:D

ID ZAGFAN AKA ZAGRANNY

KStyles
12-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Name: Matthew Timothy Bouldin

Straight from zagweb.

gozagswoohoo
12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
BTW, if I were to choose a name for a dog, Tiberius would be way more bad a@@ than Francis.

Seriously, if I ran an illegal dog-fighting ring, and I came across a dog that was awesome at fighting, I would name him Francis because NOBODY would bet on him for his first few fights and I would probably win alot of money.

***First match of the evening, features two pitbulls***

Francis vs Death Enforcer

Who would you bet on??

gozagswoohoo
12-04-2009, 01:31 PM
So are you saying there is something wrong with mee when I understand this?

No, you're a teacher, it's a given that teachers stand next to their students while they urinate.

gozagswoohoo
12-04-2009, 01:46 PM
I teach high school kids!

We know...

Let me ask you this Mee....do you think you're the most popular teacher at your school because you explain Algebra in a 'learnable' manner...?? Let's be sensible about this. ;)

gozagswoohoo
12-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Just what are you insinuating, woohoo?

Hey hey hey, let's not get all personal here. The only thing I insinuate is my wife, and we only did that because we really wanted kids and I was having some 'count' issues...

sonuvazag
12-04-2009, 02:58 PM
had to see what would take 50 posts to respond to the topic of this thread. was not disappointed. thanks foo for doing that voodoo that you do so well.

229SintoZag
12-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Herewith, a defense of Francis:

St. Francis is the patron saint of animals. He also founded the Franciscan monastic order.

The co-founder of the Jesuit order was St Francis Xavier.

There have been various rulers named Francis, including 2 Kings of France, 2 Holy Roman Emperors and 2 Dukes of Brittany. Franz Josef or Francis Joseph was the Emperor of Austria from 1848 until 1916 - the third longest reigning monarch in Europe. His reign saw the Crimean War, Austro-Prussian War and World War One. It was his son (Franz Ferdinand or Francis Ferdinand) whose assassination sparked World War One.

Other famous Francis' include the 16th century sailor and privateer Sir Francis Drake, who famously continued to play bowls when warned of the approach of the Spanish Armada and two Francis Bacons - a 16th century English statesman and scientist, and a 20th century painter.

Francis Ford Coppola is a film director, famous for the 'Godfather' films. Francis Galton was a 19th century scientist who promoted eugenics. Francis Poulenc was a French composer. Francis Walsingham was English Queen Elizabeth I's 'spymaster'.

Source: http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Francis.html

Who wrote the "Star Spangled Banner?"? Francis Scott Key.

Author of the best 20th Century Novel? (The Great Gatsby): F(rancis) Scott Fitzgerald.

Other badass Francises, Franks, and Franklins:

Frank Burgess, Gonzaga's all time leading scorer and the only Zag outside of Ammo to lead the nation in Division I scoring.

In football, we have Frank Gifford. In boxing, we have Rocky Marciano (real name Rocco Francis Marchegiano)--still the only guy to go undefeated for his heavyweight boxing career, last I checked. Francis Crick discovered DNA and won a Nobel Prize for doing so. Don't even get me started on Francis Bacon and Francis Drake.

And last but certainly nowhere close to least, we have the Chairman of the Board, Frank Sinatra--a man among men, whose contributions to music and entertainment, as well as other areas, are legendary.

A world without the contributions of the Francises among us is a sad world indeed. No Saint Francis of Assisi, and no Fransican order of Friars or nuns.

Imagine a Gonzaga student showing up in this world. That student cannot study about the French Kings named Francis, about Drake or Bacon in history. In English lit, no chance to read Gatsby or any other great works of Fitzgerald. In music, no chance to study or enjoy the uniquely American songs of Sinatra. In biology, there is no DNA to study; in law school, no examining the evidentiary issues when DNA surfaces after a defendant is convicted. And if you headed to the Kennel to watch a Zags game, you would enter an arena without Frank Burgess's number in the rafters, without his records in the program record book, without his epic legacy on the court; you would not stand to sing "A Star Spangled Banner."

Indeed, there may not even be a Gonzaga, since who knows if the other guy could have pulled it off without Francis Xavier?

It is sobering indeed to ponder a world without the many monumental contributions of the Francises among us. So remember that the last time you mock those with this name.

lothar98zag
12-04-2009, 04:10 PM
229-franny-SintoZag

LynetteG
12-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Dang it, RenoZag is the only guy who understands my horse logic! UGHHHHHH

Btw, Reno, might be looking into relocating there... it's on the list of possibilities. I have a friend who lives in SLT and is begging me to move there.

Zagtana
12-04-2009, 05:46 PM
How this thread morphed from Matty B.'s middle name to "sword fighting" I don't know. But you guys and gals are the funniest and cleverest group I've ever been acquainted with. Stop it, I'm laughing out loud and my wife wants to know what's so funny. Hard to explain unless you've been there. Brought back memories.

RenoZag
12-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Btw, Reno, might be looking into relocating there... it's on the list of possibilities. I have a friend who lives in SLT and is begging me to move there.

Don't forget the moisturizer. . .the high desert air, you know.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-04-2009, 08:19 PM
5 stars fo sho.

I love when the Foo plays "the cow tipping game" with mbb. I'm sure mee is altogether familiar with "the cow tipping game" from her younger years.

lothar98zag
12-04-2009, 08:27 PM
according to this website:

http://www.babynamegenie.com/baby-middle-names/index.php

these are the appropiate middle names for Matt ______ Bouldin:

Peter
Layne
Paxton

apparently his parents choose poorly...

lothar98zag
12-04-2009, 08:32 PM
5 stars fo sho.

I love when the Foo plays "the cow tipping game" with mbb. I'm sure mee is altogether familiar with "the cow tipping game" from her younger years.

cow tipping can be fun

Gonzdb8
12-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Lighten up, Francis.

great reference.

lothar98zag
12-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Did it say "cow tipping" before? Cuz I sure read it differently the first time around.

maybe your zag colored glasses need cleaning?

Pargo the Destroyer
12-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks lothar. Good call.

TheBeast
12-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Did it say "cow tipping" before? Cuz I sure read it differently the first time around.

:lmao:

I knew a guy in high school that tried grapefruit tipping.

Sarenyon
12-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Francis is pretty much the most awsome name there is for a middle name for my second son... I know so, because when Mom uses it, he pays attention. ;)

Rangerzag
12-05-2009, 07:28 AM
When we look back, personalities with the name Francis have some variety;)

http://www.filmreference.com/images/sjff_03_img1259.jpg

Xin Loi 67
12-05-2009, 08:05 AM
according to this website:

http://www.babynamegenie.com/baby-middle-names/index.php

these are the appropiate middle names for Matt ______ Bouldin:

Peter
Layne
Paxton

apparently his parents choose poorly...

That's this year. In his birth year the top choices were Philip, Thad and Timothy........His parents choose wisely!

Baldwinzag
12-05-2009, 08:24 AM
How is this thead still getting responses? If it were in the foo, I'd understand considering most threads are morphed into some sort of message board- Seinfeld episode. ;)

Well, I guess I took the bait and added a response...carry on!

JLGutrocks
12-05-2009, 09:23 AM
I was going to go cow tipping once. But the rep I got for drinking what I thought was good liquor but wasn't discouraged me.

Bocco
12-05-2009, 10:25 AM
How is this thead still getting responses? If it were in the foo, I'd understand considering most threads are morphed into some sort of message board- Seinfeld episode. ;)

Well, I guess I took the bait and added a response...carry on!

this thread is still getting responses because 1) it takes more than person to tip a cow 2) we all need an outlet to burn off nervous energy building up to the tip off of the WF game

also in regards to cow tipping I stumbled across the following suggestions:

Supplies

2 12-packs of Beer
Black clothing
Boots (Around cow pastures, wear boots that can be hosed down)
Wire cutters and a flashlight
Your friends (any three or four foosters will do in this case let's assume that it is woohoo and mee)Setup

Drive woohoo and meeto the pasture, hand them the beer.
Wait ten minutes for them to finish up both packs.
Help woohoo from truck.
Help woohoo review his lunch.
Place wire cutters in back pocket, and make sure all black clothing is being worn.
Quietly approach fence to pasture.
Ask woohoo for the flashlight. Run back to truck and retrieve flashlight.
Cut fencing and wiggle through.
Stay hunkered down and try not to giggle as you approach the nearest cow.
Beam flashlight quickly into the cow's eyes. If no reaction, you are good to go. Skip ahead to Tipping the cow.
If cow bucks, sending mee screaming to the truck, go on to next step.
Run after mee, tumble her to ground and hold hand over her mouth.
Wait 20 minutes for Farmer to look out the front door and Holler at wolves.
Find another cow, repeating the last 5 steps until you find one sleeping.Tipping the cow

Have woohoo hold the bottom of cow on one side. (Bottom of the cow is right under the ribs, and on the soft part of the belly.)
Have mee beside you, with both palms against cows upper back on opposite side. Count to three, and PUSH!
Back up quickly from the cow, as its legs will fly up toward your face.
Slap high fives to mee and shout your success.
Find out what whimpering sound is.
With mee's help, pull woohoo out from under the cow.
Run from farmer. (Duck when you hear shots in the air.)
Jump into the truck and speed away into the night.

outrunu
12-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I don't think 2 twelvers will cut it.

outrunu
12-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Why oh y Matty I thought you had it.

gozagswoohoo
12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and take about 10% of the credit for this thread making the HoF.

EPIC thread though, love it.

ZagPants
12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Why oh y Matty I thought you had it.

I need to post in this thread.

UberZagFan
12-07-2009, 02:33 PM

1. William
2. Alan
3. John

This is absolutely how it should be.

outrunu
12-07-2009, 03:20 PM
this is a test reply.