PDA

View Full Version : Who was the short ref?

Zag 77
12-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Boy, he was awful. The refs did not get along well last night. The tall black ref was giving us some calls. The short guy was butchering us. The medium guy was the tie-breaker in their conferences.

I have never seen so many conferences to figure out what to call.

Were these Pac-10 guys, or some of Dave Libbey's new guys?

hondo
12-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Tony Padilla http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/tony-padilla

His blocking call on Kelly early in the game was as bad a call as you will ever see.

vandalzag
12-03-2009, 10:12 AM
The 10 second call was just horrible. They missed it by almost 1.5 seconds. Such a big call. Anybody on the WSU side complaining about not getting calls need only look at that one play.

gamagin
12-03-2009, 10:28 AM

His blocking call on Kelly early in the game was as bad a call as you will ever see.

I was worried sick the stripes were going to keep calling phantoms right up to the end. But they seemed to back off near the end. Even so, too many calls just defied description.

And way too many came from the same guy, who clearly cannot see from way down there.

bullzag23
12-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Boy, he was awful. The refs did not get along well last night. The tall black ref was giving us some calls. The short guy was butchering us. The medium guy was the tie-breaker in their conferences.

I have never seen so many conferences to figure out what to call.

Were these Pac-10 guys, or some of Dave Libbey's new guys?

Unless things have changed recently the Pac 10 and WCC have shared refs for some time now

229SintoZag
12-03-2009, 10:49 AM

I had to wonder: was this call related to the recent NCAA rule change on blocking calls under the basket?

If so I do not understand the rule nor do I agree with it. On that play, Olynik was clearly in good defensive position and the refs basically bailed out the Coug. I mean, it is not as if Kelly just darted underneath at the last second.

jbslicer
12-03-2009, 11:02 AM
The no call on Koprivica's fore arm shivver was really bad.

sittingon50
12-03-2009, 01:11 PM
1st time to GU for all of those guys.

lothar98zag
12-03-2009, 01:36 PM
1st time to GU for all of those guys.
some of them should never come back.

hondo
12-03-2009, 01:39 PM
None of them should ever come back

Baldwinzag
12-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Some of the rebounding fouls called were a disgrace. There is something to be said when a 7' footer is going up for a rebound against someone 6+ inches shorter than him. It doesn't necessarily mean a foul is committed when the little guy bounces off the big guy if they're both going for the ball...

malmer7
12-03-2009, 01:44 PM
i agree they should never come back, just bad reff'ing all around. they made sooo many bad calls, both ways all game long, and then swallowed their whistles at the end when the game was on the line (good for us, and good job kennel club) and they seemed scared in a loud gym. i hate cursing at the tv when it's for some other reason than our sloppy play from time to time

Birddog
12-03-2009, 02:10 PM
On the replay of Kelly's blocking call, it DID appear as though he was shuffling. It didn't look that way in real time.

zaguarxj
12-03-2009, 02:32 PM
How 'bout when Casto jumped over Meech's back going for a rebound and Meech got called for the foul? That should've been a no-call or a foul on Casto.

zagfan08
12-03-2009, 02:32 PM
I thought the officials did a good job last night. They got a lot of the 50-50 calls right, including Kelly's block. A couple were big missed calls, especially the foul on Gray when Klay created all the contact on a drive with about 3 minutes left. But overall, not a bad job by the officials.

Zag 77
12-03-2009, 02:59 PM
There was one play we got away with. With about 3 mins. left it looked like Kelly took a missed Wazzu free throw off the rim while it was still in the cylinder. Pretty impressive leaping abilty however.