PDA

View Full Version : OT: Wisconsin a HUGE win?

Timeout!
12-03-2009, 07:44 AM
I know this was posted in the General Forum, but given the recent circumstances, I thought it was appropriate to make it known here as well.

I think Bo Ryan and Wisconsin are comparable to the Zags this season. They were unranked, picked near the bottom in Big-10, and considered a fringe Tourney team at best after losing a few key Seniors. However, the nation and analysts have realized you should never underestimate a Bo Ryan Coached basketball team, just like a Mark Few coached team.

Wisconsin has the potential to be a Top-25 RPI team this season, which would be great for the Zags come March.

Not sure if many realize that in a span of 10 days, Wisconsin has beaten Arizona, Maryland, and #5 Duke. Their only loss in that timeframe was against, we know who, the Zags. After our victory in Maui, they went on to dismantle Maryland by a large margin.

Could Wisconsin be our biggest win this season? I think so. WSU will be close. Lastly, will we accomplish a bigger win by season's end? Only time will tell...but the victory vs the Badgers must not be overlooked and we should feel good about this win.

Go Zags!

Baldwinzag
12-03-2009, 08:16 AM
I've always held an affinity for Wisconsin. It could be due my geographic affliation and several of my acquaintances attended college there. Wisky appears to be a fun school, exhibit a classy fanbase, and consistently well-coached. They are competitive every single year and do things the right way in Madison. I think they'll place in the Top 3 or 4 in the Big-10, which is saying something since their conference just won the ACC/Big10 Challenge. I think this will be a slightly overlooked, but quality win for us by season's end.

1973Zag
12-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I too count UW (the REAL UW, not their sissy initial stealers from Seattle) as my #2 favorites. Daughter is a badger grad. We were trying to watch the ending of both games at the same time!!! Very stressful, but happy endings. I think by seasons end, we will be very happy that we have that Maui win in our pockets. And yes, she still speaks to me after Maui

zagfan24
12-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Plus, the real UW will actually play their in-state Jesuit rivals to the east :D

Baldwinzag
12-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Plus, the real UW will actually play their in-state Jesuit rivals to the east :D

Well-played. :lmao:

Marquette is up next for Wisconsin.

Go Badgers!

wiszag
12-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Grambling first and then the Marqette Gold.

Last night's game was a whole lot of fun, the Kohl was absolutely electric. I'm hoping the game in the Garden will be my second opportunity to see the Dukies get beat in person.

jpwils
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
We probably were fortunate to get them so early in the season away from
their home base.

If we can somehow hang close with Duke and then explode the last 7 minutes
I believe the Zags will deserve a top ten ranking.

WallaWallaZag
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
i'm still more impressed with the cinci win, but i think the badger win will hold water the rest of the year. sometimes it really is a matter of matchups, and we happen to match up well against them. if anyone doubts the value of meech, please note that trevon hughes has gone off in their big games against both arizona and duke.