PDA

View Full Version : Prognosticators

ID ZAGFAN
12-02-2009, 11:03 PM
We have some of the best around on this board. I kept telling people around me that people on the board with incredible BB IQ had predicted struggles, etc. and that we would be win. They were pleased to find out I was right! :D

Here are some of the predictions I thought were spot on!

primal23

GU - 74
WSU 72

Close game throughout, GU trails big in first half, uses a big and late 2nd half comeback to win.

Nevtelen

I predict that this game looks something like the Colorado game. It's ugly early and GU digs themselves into a hole. There's some surprise foul trouble (Sacre? Elias?), which hurts. The second half is about digging out. Klay is great and really gets his and then some, but the Cougs don't get much from anyone else. Halftime adjustments slow Thompson down a bit and the Zags go on to win a close one in the 80s.

jpwils

Zags by a little

Zags will struggle but win this one by 5.

Tale of 2 halves again.

Sacre comes up big.

U Zig, I ZAG

One of the greatest halves of basketball...

I see a repeat of this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcyVq5MSYzI&feature=PlayList&p=03F2C238C31 075EA&index=5

It 'begins' at 2:10 and the WSU players and fans know its gonna get ugly at 2:30.

I think our horses run 'em out - the kids are gonna be pumped, the place is gonna be rocking.

You folks are awesome!

Loved the predictions, loved the game, love the Zags.

:allhail:

ID ZAGFAN

ID ZAGFAN
12-03-2009, 09:53 AM
the person who gave me the anonymous neg rep misunderstood--I meant to honor the Prognosticators, not myself.

12-03-2009 08:41 AM honoring yourself is pathetic sir

I wrote it after midnight, so I maybe could have worded it differently.

It might have been pathetic to you, but not as pathetic as not being willing to sign your rep.

Plus, I am not a sir.

ID ZAGFAN

Baldwinzag
12-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Just like the Cincy game, there were several spot-on predictions from posters in the Game Predictions thread. Nice work, everyone.

A fun read:

GU/WSU Game Predictions thread. (http://guboards.com/showthread.php?t=24176)

Angelo Roncalli
12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
the person who gave me the anonymous neg rep misunderstood--I meant to honor the Prognosticators, not myself.

12-03-2009 08:41 AM honoring yourself is pathetic sir

I wrote it after midnight, so I maybe could have worded it differently.

It might have been pathetic to you, but not as pathetic as not being willing to sign your rep.

Plus, I am not a sir.

ID ZAGFAN

The neg rep has been deleted.

U Zig, I Zag
12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
But we did turn it up. The kids in the stands were doing their thing (minus the Casto thing - :mad: ) and it all came together.

Harris is an absolute stud. He's sick. His best play - the alley-oop and instead of trying to make something of nothing (he was too far away) and flicking it at the hoop or something he landed dead stop, two feet and then just sky'd it back up like a compressed strut/spring combo off an over-riced Honda. Bam. Dunk and the foul. The pit in my stomach went away then.