PDA

View Full Version : Few-genius, mysterious rotation that he put in

JIMMYMAC
12-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Whodathunk that the rotation of Harris, Olynyk, Bouldin, Arop and Gibbs would claw back and got them over the hump?
That was pure genius or pure luck. I'm gonna give Few the nod at genius. That was probably the best game I have ever attended at K2. Literally JUMPIN!
Many of the Zags did not show up tonight. A few showed up half way through. One Zag played his a heavy heart and cool hand all game…Elias Harris.

caduceus
12-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Not this guy...

http://imgur.com/eWNuC.png

=caduceus=

FieldHouseFishHouse
12-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Good point. Few kept scraping the barrel until he found some players that were willing to compete. This team has enough skill and athleticism to beat WSU, even at the far end of the bench. Much respect to Few for trusting his players.

seasontixholder
12-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Our starting five are neither great passers or outside shooters. If the opposition packs the middle, that leads to headaches.

OTOH, the adjustment was to insert a good set of passers to augment Harris and Matt. WSU wasn't athletic enough to punish it, and their point guard went a little passive after he actually had embarrassed our defender on a couple of plays in the middle of the second half.

We have enough tools to play a lot of different styles. It was that flexibility that finally surfaced.

One last point: WSU was happy and on adrenaline the entire first half. But that leads to exhaustion in the last 10 minutes of the game. Drained, the body slows down and the IQ plummets.

WallaWallaZag
12-02-2009, 10:04 PM
i have a feeling we're gonna really struggle against zones for a while if either matt or steven is off...the bench hasn't helped at all from the perimeter yet. need kong to get up to speed in a hurry, or maybe more run for gibbs. i love what meech gj bring to the table, but at the same time i really miss the old zag pg's who could shoot daggers the moment they arrived on campus.

UberZagFan
12-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Uber has to agree that the lineups Few threw out there were pure genius. And as much as Uber loves Gray, it was nice to see Few realize that he needed to sit him for an extended stretch and then re-enter him with a focus on D. KO and GG had some good plays during the comeback run--and towards the end Gray had some remarkable defensive plays--more remarkable considering his O was so incredibly horrible as he couldn't make a shot nor a pass.